Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Entertainment Discussion    Superman (1978) Extended Edition
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Superman (1978) Extended Edition
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Looks like Warner Bros. is releasing for the very first time, in October, the 188 minute version of the first Christoper Reeve film, first seen on TV in 1982, with 40 mins of footage that wasn't in the theater.

However, it looks like this will only be on Blue Ray and not regular DVD. Anyone know for sure ?

Posts: 3995 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
It's two disc MOD Blu-ray set.

Warner Bros shop synopsis:-

Decades before blockbuster Extended Cuts were common, Superman proved a true "Man of Tomorrow." Superman: The Movie received an ahead-of-its-time makeover for its television premiere - nearly 40 more minutes of story, creating a two-night television event. Audiences had already been swept off their feet by Christopher Reeve's Last Son of Krypton, and now there was more to enjoy. Unseen in decades, this version is paired here with Richard Donner's definitive vision of his film, the Special Edition Director's Cut (2000), to create a supersized celebration of Metropolis' favorite son that preserves the director's intent while feeding superfan demands.

Special Features (on Superman The Special Edition Disc): Commentary by Director Richard Donner and Creative Consultant Tom Mankiewicz; 3 Documentaries Taking Flight: The Development of Superman, Making Superman: Filming the Legend and The Magic Behind the Cape; Screen Tests; Restored Scenes; Additional Scenes; Additional Music Cues; Music-Only Track

Run Time: 188 Minutes-EXTENDED CUT (NEW 2017 1080p HD MASTER), 151 Minutes-SPECIAL EDITION

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
My 2001 DVD has an extra 8 minutes, and I watched the extended version when it was run on TV, which I liked a lot. Looking forward to this.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I looked at the WB Store and at articles, and to me, it seems like it is a Blue Ray only

I just have a standard DVD player. Does the Blue Ray come with the non-Blue Ray DVD as well ?

Posts: 3995 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
This version is getting a regular UK release on 8th October.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post