Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Entertainment Discussion    Title of Star Wars 7 Announced
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Title of Star Wars 7 Announced
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
The Force Awakens

Posts: 4718 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Followed by #8 The Force Showers and #9 The Force Breakfasts no doubt. Big Grin

Lame. Twak

Posts: 10408 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I think it's a good start, could've been worse, for instance:

"Star Wars: The Force of Clay Aiken"

For part 8, maybe "Return of the Sith (or Empire or Emperor)" or maybe "The Power of the Dark Side" since that's when things go bad, if it follows the formula of the other two trilogies.

And for part 9, "The Way of the Jedi" (just 'cuz I like Bruce Lee, plus, let's face it, the Jedi are going to win in that one).

Of course, they could always roll with "Star Wars: Dark Knight of the Jedi", "Star Wars: Avatar", or "Star Wars: The Jedi Avengers" just to be safe...

Posts: 3328 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I posted this elsewhere.
Episode VII: The Force Awakens
Episode VIII: The Force Rises
Episode IX: The Forces Gets Coffee

Posts: 5777 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Episode X: The Force Sees It's Raining Outside And Just Goes Back To Bed, Deciding It Can All Wait Til Later.

Posts: 3328 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised it was not called Mickey's Space Adventure.

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
The Force Awakens

According to the new trailer it's coming out in December 2015, it's going to be a long wait.

Posts: 1116 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just saw the teaser....
Didn't want to make me ask for more at all!

I'll wait until a full trailer is released to pass judgement.

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Teaser trailer was pretty cool. I liked seeing the X-Wings skimming the surface of the water and of course, the good ol' Falcon.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
I thought the teaser was a fake?

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
No it's the real thing, supposed to rally up the fans. Not being a fan, I thought it was just annoyingly repetitive of the other six movies.

Posts: 10408 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Star Wars just doesn't even belong to the regular universe of criticism any more, if the proper intention of reviews of film as art is to, in effect, help others to determine what might be the best use of their time, that is to say, which art one should spend their finite and therefore precious attention on.

An excellent movie review, particularly one that changes minds, or influences someone to see what they would not have seen, or not see what they would have, or convinces someone they did not see what they thought they saw, is itself an art form. But with Star Wars, that all goes out the window.

The people who are as anxious as I am to see the new movies will generally watch them repeatedly, and some percentage of the public that doesn't really keep up with Star Wars (people who haven't even seen all six movies!) will see the movie just as a result of the relentless marketing of it that will be happening for a solid year, starting a few weeks from now. But perhaps the most reliable audience are those who are already certain this new movie won't be good. They will be attending front and center, just to see how bad it is, and then remind everyone they told us so... but even they'll buy tickets to it.

One billion dollars in US grosses for this one, and that's if its lousy. I think it will be higher than that if it's good. The real question is, will that be enough to beat Avengers 2 by then?

Toy Story 4 on the way. 5+ Star Wars movies, 20 Marvel Movies. What if they do a "Frozen" sequel? What would that make? It's a good time to be Mickey Mouse, all right. Those two big buttons on his red shorts must be made of gold by now.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
One billion dollars in US grosses for this one, and that's if its lousy.

So I get that you are a true Star Wars fan CPF and I have already said that I am not. I did see all three of the original trilogy, loved the first two, hated the third. I also saw most of the second trilogy, fast forwarded a lot though. In my defense it was all on rented DVD, but I did cave in to the hype enough to try to watch it. First was passable, the rest was not, but in for a dollar in for a pound as they say. Not this next time.

Your statement above is probably true, but what does it really say about people? That they will pay to watch anything, even if it's awful, just to say that they watched it? Don't worry, I won't be that one who says I told you so. I saw the trailer by accident, that's as close as I'm getting this time. If the definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over and expect a different result, than I'm not insane. Like Sheldon, my mother had me tested, and this is just not for me. Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Your statement above is probably true, but what does it really say about people? That they will pay to watch anything, even if it's awful, just to say that they watched it?

Yes, in general, but I do acknowledge your (and some others, certainly) ability to rise above that.

Anyway, for our purposes as card collectors, it may as well be Star Wars, Schmar Wars, as movies go. The most important thing about the continuation of this series is that it will help non-sport cards remain a "thing" for another 10 years at least as Topps is certain to make and sell a lot of Star Wars related cards in the span, the profits for which will hopefully will go back into the company and enable them to make sets that might not have been able to before without the infusion of the new Star Wars cash.

Hooray, our life's work (well, hobby, anyway) is not obsolete......................yet! Big Grin