Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Louis Jourdan RIP
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
Just seen the announcement that Louis Jourdan died on Saturday 14th February in Los Angeles aged 93.

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Sad to hear, Frown I hope Rittenhouse have got a box of autographs or this will be a big miss in the Bond sets.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Louie Jourdan came up in Hollywood as a kind of poor man's Maurice Chevalier. He was the suave French lover in his younger days and then the cunning villain later on. Besides his early movies, he will be remembered by Bond fans and for one of my guilty pleasures, the campy but fun, Swamp Thing. RIP Mr. Jourdan.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
He was in both Swamp Thing movies, the second one being the highlight for me, Swampy just looked so much better.

I'm a longtime fan of Swamp Thing in the comics, so it was great to see the malevolent Anton Arcane brought to life by Louis Jourdan, who chewed some great scenery in those movies.

Rest in peace, Louis Jourdan, you were one classy dude...

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post