Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Skyfall and the New Bond (Spoilers)

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/958604453/m/5257048826

February 18, 2013, 01:08 PM
Raven
Skyfall and the New Bond (Spoilers)
I just saw Skyfall on DVD. I did not read anything about the plot, but had heard it was the best Bond ever. I did see Craig's last two Bonds, although that has little connection to this one. Many of you may know that I'm not a big Bond fan, but I see the films anyway eventually. Wink

Anyhow, I think that will change and this is probably the last one I bother to watch. My question to all those who liked this film is "What exactly did Craig's Bond do?"

Here's the spoilers, so don't go farther if you haven't seen Skyfall and intend to do so.

This Bond film had better acting, better action and a better villian than many previous Bonds, and it left me feeling totally unsatisfied. I can understand that they wanted to change the guard so to speak, but for all the action Bond failed. He accomplished nothing.

Silver wanted to kill M and he did. He was willing to die himself, so the knife in the back was hardly a terrific fight sequence. More over Silver had a better motivation than the plodding Bond, who also did nothing to save the fleeting Bond girl in Silver's camp. Just as the stupid old school defense at Bond's home did nothing to save M in the end. If Bond had gotten his man and M was retired, that would have worked a heck of a lot better for me. As it is, I think Craig's Bond won the battles and lost the wars.

Moore and Brosnan may now be considered inferior Bonds to Craig's brooding, tortured hero, but I think they were a heck of a lot more fun and they never came out second to anybody. I was very surprised and disappointed by Skyfall even though I thought I knew what to expect. Frown