Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Actor Andy Griffith dies
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Kennywood
posted

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kennywood,

Posts: 7361 | Location: the wonderful state of Denial | Registered: January 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
I was really hit hard when I heard this news earlier today. I have always been a big Andy Griffith fan.

Besides The Andy Griffith Show, and Matlock, I also enjoyed the show "Salvage 1" which was great for its time.

He will always be missed......

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
A wonderful man, and very talented. For those only familliar with his later work, take a look at the movie "A Face in the Crowd" for some Academy Award worthy work from early in the great man's career.

Sheriff Andy Taylor of Mayberry and propane salesman Hank Hill of Arlen, Texas, were the two TV dads I learned the most from about doing the right thing, even when it was difficult, indeed, especially when it was difficult.

No matter how crazy things were around them, they'd always work it out somehow and that was the fun of watching "The Andy Griffith Show" and "King of the Hill". To me, the shows were one and the same and I cherish them both.

Rest in peace, Mr. Griffith.

Posts: 3329 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Andy Griffith was a very talented actor, but he made it look so easy that I don't think he got the credit he deserved. At least many, many people have fond memories of his work. RIP.

Posts: 10415 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Didn't fully appreciate the scope of his work or his talent until I saw "No Time for Sergeants".

It is still one of my very favorite movies of all time.

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post