Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Entertainment Discussion    1966 Batman coming to DVD in 2014 finally!!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1966 Batman coming to DVD in 2014 finally!!!
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
quote:
Originally posted by WOMBLE:
The UK DVD version of the box set is only available in-store at HMV (£59.99).

No Blu-Ray, no Batmobile and no Ultraviolet download. Short-changed doesn't start to describe it Mad
The Blu-ray with Batmobile and Ultraviolet download version for the UK is an Amazon.co.uk exclusive. Available from November 10th for £109.99p.

As far as I'm aware, HMV is the only UK retailer that is selling any version. The Amazon version hasn't got any BBFC markings on the box, so I'm assuming this is the American version. Warner Blu-Ray discs for the most part are region-free so the discs will play here, but the Ultraviolet download won't work.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
Picked up my set today but had trouble finding it. I wound up visiting two different shopping centres and a total of five different stores before locating the deluxe boxset. Paid $199.99CDN if anyone is interested, same as what Amazon wanted for it in Canada but without worrying about anything happening to it during shipping. I must say that the box itself is larger than I anticipated and even plays a snippet of the theme song when a button on the side is pressed. Very pleased with it.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
As far as I'm aware, HMV is the only UK retailer that is selling any version. The Amazon version hasn't got any BBFC markings on the box, so I'm assuming this is the American version. Warner Blu-Ray discs for the most part are region-free so the discs will play here, but the Ultraviolet download won't work.
Going by the reviews that have been published on Amazon.co.uk, the set that is being shipped here in the UK is different to the one being sold on Amazon.com. There are no UV downloads, the box no longer mentions them, and there is a different book included. They have also taken down the pictures of the set, presumably to avoid people claiming they did not receive what was pictured on the site. It isn't described as an import, so presumably it must have BBFC certification which may be visible on the new box design. I'm not sure I can justify the £109.99 to confirm this assumption though Big Grin

Posts: 1530 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Update. Amazon UK have withdrawn the set from sale due a complaint from someone who bought it that it is not as described. So an optimistic Amazon Marketplace Seller now has it for sale at £249.99 !!!!!

Also, it seems the series is not quite complete. Someone has noticed that a small clip at the end of one of the episodes has been left out. Some people are just never happy Smile

Posts: 1530 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
Update. ....Also, it seems the series is not quite complete. Someone has noticed that a small clip at the end of one of the episodes has been left out. Some people are just never happy Smile

A few bits have been missed, replacement discs are being produced, details here:- http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=15555

Posts: 1116 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
Thanks to a very generous friend, this box set arrived today as a slightly delayed birthday present. It is the Limited Edition BluRad set, which means it has the Batmobile car and the trading cards (which I haven't opened yet). No idea if it's the original version (with the missing bits) or the 'fixed' version...
Has anyone opened up the trading cards to see what they're like? I'm holding off for a bit!
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Just noticed that the box set is 50% off today on Amazon (its their Deal of the Day). So if anyone else wants the Blu-ray or DVD set, today's your day!! I think the cards only come with the Blu-ray edition though.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tip Harris ordered one I thought the original price was outrageous this is more like it! Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
Thanks for the tip Harris ordered one I thought the original price was outrageous this is more like it! Thumb Up

Cool! Glad the tip helped. That was a pretty good offer on Amazon's part. Makes you wonder how much profit they are making off of sales at full price sales or if yesterday's offer was a loss leader kind of thing.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
£100 for a few dvd's, I can assure you they are making a fortune.

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:

Cool! Glad the tip helped. That was a pretty good offer on Amazon's part. Makes you wonder how much profit they are making off of sales at full price sales or if yesterday's offer was a loss leader kind of thing.

They are milking it in the USA, the non-limited Blu-ray edition is 53 Euros (approx.$57) at the moment on Amazon.it (Italy), the only difference is an Italian language paper slip around the English packaging.

Posts: 1116 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
The book, car, and cards that come with the limited edition are part of the draw of that version of the set, I'm sure.

Posts: 3328 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
I'm really enjoying this set at the moment, they have done a fantastic job of restoring it. Clap

...and a short UK Batman public information film has been found!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/u...-west-to-be-screened