Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars EP1 3D Release!
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted
Majorly excited at having seen Star Wars Episode 1 Phantom Menace trailer for 3D release!

I know there's a lot of 'original triology' versus the 90s/00s triology (The original usually wins 2-1) but I think this is awesome - Hope they release the whole saga - Chewbacca in 3D Sheep

Good times,

Sales for light sabers will definitly saw this up coming holiday season (Ref. December but since its nearly Halloween...)

-TC00.

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Meesa look gunga in 3D. Razz

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Must dig out my old homemade 5.6 Yottawatt lightsaber. Big Grin

So many cards, so little money!

Posts: 643 | Location: Cornwall, England | Registered: October 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Ah yes, for those who could not get enough of Jar Jar on the big screen, now he will be in your lap!

But seriously, I'm glad for these upcoming re-releases. Hopefully we'll finally get the 3 sets of Topps 3DI cards still yet to be issued(Attack, Revenge and Jedi).

What better tie-ins for 3D movies than 3D card sets?

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Meesa so happy! Gogan entertanza da childens.
I think I may wait until 2027 when Lucas finally releases all 6 films to the cinema in the 3d, smell-o-vision, taste-o-vision format. You can smell Jar Jar and lick the image and go, "Wow! He smells AND taste like Rotten fish!" However Carrie Fisher will not release sign the release for Taste-o-vision. Sorry Fellows.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of willgull
posted Hide Post
Too much....no more $$$ to be spent on Star Wars movies and the many ways they are being released. Barrett is correct!

Posts: 809 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by willgull:
Too much....no more $$$ to be spent on Star Wars movies and the many ways they are being released. Barrett is correct!

Thumb Up

If you are young enough to have not seen them before, fine. Otherwise, how many times can you buy the same movies before feeling played?

I'm all done.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Lucas Advertising Empire Strikes Back! Big Grin

So many cards, so little money!

Posts: 643 | Location: Cornwall, England | Registered: October 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I saw it the other day, and wow, the 3D does make a big difference!

The movie was better than I remember, having seen it many less times than the other five. Some of the things I didn't like about it in 1999 (Jar Jar Binks in general and the performance of Jake Lloyd as Anakin) didn't bother me at all this time.
And the stuff I loved (Podrace, Lightsaber battles with Maul) were better than ever.
The final Yoda puppet used for Ep. 1 had been replaced by a digital Yoda already last year for the latest DVD and (initial) BluRay trilogy release, but I hadn't seen those, so the "new" Yoda was a surprise to me, and he looked great.

I consider Ep. 1 to be the weakest of the films, but I would nevertheless recommend the 3D version to anyone. It was a lot of fun and played very briskly. The movies themselves get steadily better now, so the 3D will really put them over the top, especially Empire which can't come soon enough. (I just love seeing that one in the theatre), but there are some scenes in "Clones" and "Sith" that will really benefit from the 3D. Lucas' view is that the 3D should allow the you to look into the screen rather than having the stuff pop out at the viewer, and it's a welcome choice given the staggering amount of work that went into creating the backgrounds of these movies, particularly the prequel trilogy.

Also, I'm hoping there will be more tweaks and updates to all of them, especially the original trilogy. I like when Lucas does that. And that it makes some people so upset when he does that, makes me like it even more.

For anyone who doesn't like what Lucas has done to his own movies (and thus their own precious memories, somehow), just make your own sci-fi trilogy. Then promise to never touch it again once you've completed it, and surely you will then be happy again, and forevermore.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chesspieceface,

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Salama
posted Hide Post
I saw it last week. Does anyone know if they are going to release any other episode in 3D?

Posts: 188 | Location: Finland | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Salama:
I saw it last week. Does anyone know if they are going to release any other episode in 3D?

Is the Pope Catholic? It's an old joke. Big Grin

As long as they make money you can expect them all. Wink

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post