Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The New Batman ?
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Robert Pattinson of the "Twilight" movies ?
See below

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/17...on-batman/index.html

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Kennywood
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7361 | Location: the wonderful state of Denial | Registered: January 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Whenever I see Robert Pattinson I always think of Ben Stiller as Zoolander staring into the camera and giving his famous "Blue Steel" look, which happens to be the only look he has. Big Grin

Yeah, another great Batman choice. Roll Eyes

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
He hasn't had any hits whatsoever since the Twilight films ended in 2012.

His one mildly successful film, the romance "Water for Elephants" (2011), did OK, but mostly outside of the U.S.

Nothing else that he's done over the past 6-7 years has made more than 5 M dollars.

Like you said, he has only one facial expression. Smile

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looks like this may be TRUE, he seems to be the guy that Warner Bros. is signing for the movie.

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I will go see it.

I remember everyone being royally pissed when Keaton was casted as Batman and he was great!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
I will go see it.

I remember everyone being royally pissed when Keaton was casted as Batman and he was great!

Yeah, I am hearing people say this about both Keaton and Ledger.....the only difference for me is that both of those actors at least had other performances that I liked.

Hopefully Batman will be the role that will expose his talent.

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
He hasn't had any hits whatsoever since the Twilight films ended in 2012.

True Twilight was successful but he was awful in it. The whole series was a competition between Stewart and Pattinson as to who could play the biggest EMO drip on the planet. Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh was more exciting than these two. Razz

Posts: 4843 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I find the Kravitz Catwoman casting choice more promising than Pattinson, although if Batman doesn't cut it the rest won't matter very much.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Pattinson's new movie with Willem Dafoe, "The Lighthouse" is actually getting acclaim and talk of maybe winning awards.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Pattinson's new movie with Willem Dafoe, "The Lighthouse" is actually getting acclaim and talk of maybe winning awards.

It's a two character movie done in black and white starring two quirky actors as the whole cast. When you hear psychological thriller you know it will be slow, meticulously acted and make no sense whatsoever. The kind of film where you don't know what's real and what's imagined and it's all supposed to be great because it's High Art. Yup, awards season has started. Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:

It's a two character movie done in black and white starring two quirky actors as the whole cast. When you hear psychological thriller you know it will be slow, meticulously acted and make no sense whatsoever. The kind of film where you don't know what's real and what's imagined and it's all supposed to be great because it's High Art. Yup, awards season has started. Big Grin
You forgot to include 'deep and meaningless conversations' in your breakdown Big Grin

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So far the Lighthouse has grossed $ 553,000. worldwide !

And the hits just keep on coming ! (sarcasm)

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looks like they started filming this yesterday.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Filming just restarted on The Batman, but its now been halted again because Robert Pattinson has tested positive for COVID-19. No indication that he's been taken ill, just that he must be quarantined. So Pattinson always looks sick, there I said it. Big Grin Hope he recovers quickly.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I hope the virus didn't make him lose his sparkles.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post