Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
The New Batman ?

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/958604453/m/4757013196

May 17, 2019, 09:50 AM
Tommy C
The New Batman ?
Robert Pattinson of the "Twilight" movies ?
See below

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/17...on-batman/index.html
May 17, 2019, 11:03 AM
Kennywood

May 17, 2019, 11:18 AM
Raven
Whenever I see Robert Pattinson I always think of Ben Stiller as Zoolander staring into the camera and giving his famous "Blue Steel" look, which happens to be the only look he has. Big Grin

Yeah, another great Batman choice. Roll Eyes
May 17, 2019, 12:03 PM
Tommy C
He hasn't had any hits whatsoever since the Twilight films ended in 2012.

His one mildly successful film, the romance "Water for Elephants" (2011), did OK, but mostly outside of the U.S.

Nothing else that he's done over the past 6-7 years has made more than 5 M dollars.

Like you said, he has only one facial expression. Smile
June 03, 2019, 03:55 PM
Tommy C
Looks like this may be TRUE, he seems to be the guy that Warner Bros. is signing for the movie.
June 04, 2019, 04:58 PM
barobehere
I will go see it.

I remember everyone being royally pissed when Keaton was casted as Batman and he was great!
June 05, 2019, 06:08 AM
mykdude
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
I will go see it.

I remember everyone being royally pissed when Keaton was casted as Batman and he was great!

Yeah, I am hearing people say this about both Keaton and Ledger.....the only difference for me is that both of those actors at least had other performances that I liked.

Hopefully Batman will be the role that will expose his talent.

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
He hasn't had any hits whatsoever since the Twilight films ended in 2012.

True Twilight was successful but he was awful in it. The whole series was a competition between Stewart and Pattinson as to who could play the biggest EMO drip on the planet. Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh was more exciting than these two. Razz

October 14, 2019, 05:29 PM
Tommy C
And now, the new Catwoman

https://deadline.com/2019/10/t...oHO5sX0w4Q4#comments
October 14, 2019, 07:37 PM
Raven
I find the Kravitz Catwoman casting choice more promising than Pattinson, although if Batman doesn't cut it the rest won't matter very much.
October 24, 2019, 06:21 PM
Tommy C
Pattinson's new movie with Willem Dafoe, "The Lighthouse" is actually getting acclaim and talk of maybe winning awards.
October 24, 2019, 09:12 PM
Raven
quote:
Pattinson's new movie with Willem Dafoe, "The Lighthouse" is actually getting acclaim and talk of maybe winning awards.

It's a two character movie done in black and white starring two quirky actors as the whole cast. When you hear psychological thriller you know it will be slow, meticulously acted and make no sense whatsoever. The kind of film where you don't know what's real and what's imagined and it's all supposed to be great because it's High Art. Yup, awards season has started. Big Grin
October 25, 2019, 08:00 AM
Kevin F
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:

It's a two character movie done in black and white starring two quirky actors as the whole cast. When you hear psychological thriller you know it will be slow, meticulously acted and make no sense whatsoever. The kind of film where you don't know what's real and what's imagined and it's all supposed to be great because it's High Art. Yup, awards season has started. Big Grin
You forgot to include 'deep and meaningless conversations' in your breakdown Big Grin
October 25, 2019, 02:58 PM
Tommy C
So far the Lighthouse has grossed $ 553,000. worldwide !

And the hits just keep on coming ! (sarcasm)
January 29, 2020, 09:12 AM
Tommy C
Looks like they started filming this yesterday.
September 04, 2020, 12:07 AM
Raven
Filming just restarted on The Batman, but its now been halted again because Robert Pattinson has tested positive for COVID-19. No indication that he's been taken ill, just that he must be quarantined. So Pattinson always looks sick, there I said it. Big Grin Hope he recovers quickly.
September 05, 2020, 08:59 AM
allender
I hope the virus didn't make him lose his sparkles.