Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Entertainment Discussion    Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy returns on BBC Radio 4 :-)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy returns on BBC Radio 4 :-)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
How did I miss this ? There is a new series of the Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy being broadcast on it's orignal place of origin: BBC Radio 4 Smile Clap Bouncey

The first new episode went out on March 8th...and I missed it. Thannkheavens for online catch-up. I will be listening to it and the second episod toda, all being well.

They have managed to reunite several of the original cast and it even has a cameo from the late Stephen Hawking. For full details, follow this link:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programme...here-we-are-tomorrow

Posts: 1530 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing. I didn't even know there was a radio series!

Currently listening to the 4 available episodes.

Wish the earlier ones were still live for streaming but better than nothing. Big Grin

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TC00:
Thanks for sharing. I didn't even know there was a radio series!

Currently listening to the 4 available episodes.

Wish the earlier ones were still live for streaming but better than nothing. Big Grin
Bear in mind that the original Radio Series went out in the late 1970s before online streaming had even been heard of. Also, Hitch-hiker was a radio series first, then a stageplay, a book, a vinyl double album and even a comic before it made its way to being a TV series or a film Big Grin

I still have the cassette tape recordings I made of the original radio broadcasts when I was at university. Oh, and the 6 CD box set of Fit the First and Second and Christmas Special, both LPs. Marvin's one and only single, 1st edition copies of all the orignal hardback books...well, you get the idea Smile

Posts: 1530 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post