Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

R.I.P. Jimi Jamison
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Starchild
posted
Jimi Jamison, lead singer of Survivor, has passed away at age 63 from a heart attack.

I am grateful that I was able to see Jimi perform with Scrap Metal a couple of years ago. Unlike many singers, Jimi still sounded just the same as he did 30 years ago. He was also great to meet. My husband and I obtained his autograph at the free meet & greet and had an awesome time that night. Thanks for the memories, Jimi.

Farewell, Jimi. You will indeed be missed.

Posts: 603 | Location: CT | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
He was a fine singer, for sure, with real power in his voice.

"Eye of the Tiger", Survivor's biggest hit was sung by original lead singer Dave Bickler, but Jami joined up in time to get some action of his own from the Rocky movies with his vocals on "Burning Heart" from Rocky IV, which reached number 2 on the Hot 100 singles chart. I always loved "The Search is Over", a rock power ballad as good as any other ever done.

Sorry to hear this sad news. Rest in peace, Jimi, and condolences to his family, friends, and many fans.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chesspieceface,

Posts: 3329 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Starchild
posted Hide Post
Many people do make the mistake of the believing that Jimi sang "Eye of the Tiger." They do have very similar voices.

Indeed a loss in the music world.

Posts: 603 | Location: CT | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post