Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Entertainment Discussion    Warner Bros. Cancels "Batgirl" Movie
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Warner Bros. Cancels "Batgirl" Movie
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
They filmed it, but we may never see it.

https://nypost.com/2022/08/02/...-warner-bros-source/

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I was just reading about this in the papers today and its pretty remarkable. Warner Brothers completed "Batgirl" for somewhere around 90M. It stars Leslie Grace, who I never heard of, but also has Michael Keaton. Brendon Frasier and J. K. Simmons in the cast. Without informing any of the actors, the film has been shelved. Not just held back mind you, but killed to the point it will never be seen anytime.

The reason is money. It's supposedly for tax purposes, but obviously WB just thinks that any promotion or releasing would be throwing good money after bad. However, you mean to tell me that the movie stinks so bad there is no platform that can recoup any of the losses it will take for being totally erased from existence?

Just being called the worst movie ever will attract certain people to see it. Big Grin The only other somewhat modern film that I can think of that received this treatment was a Jerry Lewis selfmade project. I can't remember the name, but the plot was that he was this sympatric clown that danced children into the Nazi gas chambers. Now if that isn't the worst idea for a movie, I can't think of another one. It was never shown after one screening, probably destroyed now.

Could "Batgirl" really be on that level? No, it can't be any worse than many crappy superhero films. That WB is eating everything says that they must be in real financial trouble and even then, I don't get it. DC at WB is in big trouble.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
The reason is money. It's supposedly for tax purposes,
That could actually be the case. Around 20 years ago, I spent a few days working as an extra for a film made here in the UK called 'Re-inventing Eddie'. The film was completed and shown at a couple of film festivals but was never actually released. It was one of a few films made around that time where the 'investors' somehow made more money through tax dodges/loopholes if they didn't release the film into cinemas or anywhere else. Maybe something similar is happening here. Maybe someone will write a book about it in a few years time that will then be made into a successful movie about the goings on in Hollywood Smile

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
You mean it's worse than the Halle Berry CATWOMAN?

Hard to believe, but I suppose, possible.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
No, the worst movie ever made was "Jaws 4." Sharks don't have feelings but the one in that sequel wanted revenge and was somehow able to follow a plane from the northeast coast to the Bahamas. No shark can swim that fast even in a sprint especially a great white. The way the movie ended was simply ridiculous.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
No, the worst movie ever made was "Jaws 4." Sharks don't have feelings but the one in that sequel wanted revenge and was somehow able to follow a plane from the northeast coast to the Bahamas. No shark can swim that fast even in a sprint especially a great white. The way the movie ended was simply ridiculous.
Have you ever seen 'Plan 9 From Outer Space' or 'Santa Claus Conquers the Martians' ? Big Grin

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
More news on this

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movi...-AA10iC3e?li=BBnbfcL

The Jerry Lewis film you are referring to is a movie he made in 1972 called "The Day the Clown Cried", I believe. After he died a few years ago, he gave a print to the Library of Congress, but it has never been shown in theaters or on TV. It has never been on VHS or DVD. But if you search You Tube, you can see some German documentaries from the 1970s which have clips of Jerry making the movie.

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Proof there is life after death!
Oh, thank you, thank you, Jerry!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Some clips of the 1972 Jerry Lewis film

https://www.google.com/search?...830&bih=889&dpr=1.05

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
There was a Fantastic Four film produced by Roger Corman that was never released. It was made to keep hold of the rights to the property.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Somebody is going to be looking at what happened with this movie. Maybe an investigative reporter from "Vanity Fair" or "Variety" or "The Hollywood Reporter". To take a project that was complete or almost complete and say it will never see the light day is such a colossal waste that you know there must be a loophole in there. Especially when they also say that it's not about the quality of what was filmed.

So the business structure of the investors makes the film more valuable dead than alive? Is that about it? I think they already made a movie about just that thing. It was called "The Producers". Big Grin

Mark my words. Somebody is going to spill the beans on the bean counters. Wink

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Now there are rumors that they are going to take the upcoming "Flash" movie and re-film it, replacing the lead (played by Ezra Miller) with someone else, due to his controversial behavior (allegedly "grooming" a teenage girl for nefarious purposes, etc)

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Now there are rumors that they are going to take the upcoming "Flash" movie and re-film it, replacing the lead (played by Ezra Miller) with someone else, due to his controversial behavior (allegedly "grooming" a teenage girl for nefarious purposes, etc)

Not for the nothing, but the drumbeat of stories about Ezra Miller's bizarre behavior are looking like a real liability to any studio. And I'm being very careful here not to elaborate.

People who are holding his CZX DC autograph cards should be very concerned.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
They did that in 1985, when they replaced Eric Stoltz with Michael J. Fox in "Back to the Future"

I believe they actually shot a few weeks' worth of the movie with Stoltz, and then decided he wasn't right for the role

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Hey! I recently saw Grizzly II so all hope is never lost. Smile

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post