https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/958604453/m/4187034076

May 02, 2014, 02:38 PM
Kennywood
Free Comic Book Day

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kennywood,

May 03, 2014, 10:17 AM
wolfie
went to the FCBD in Wolverhampton, what a complete waste of time. Shake Head

The whole thing just looked like an excuse to try and sell lots of old stuff for half price.

There were a few comics which were free but not many.

If there were any other things that were supposed to be on offer they nothing about them.

Twak

May 03, 2014, 10:55 AM
vampy
our local planet only gave out free comics when you bought something else yet travelling man had bundles for free
May 03, 2014, 08:09 PM
Raven
My local card store did a nice job, plenty of free stuff, lots of discounted comics and a Spiderman taking photos with the kids, and some adults too. Big Grin

There was a nice crowd when I passed by, but it works both ways. People say that some stores don't give out enough, but many of the people who show up on Free Comic Book Day are not regular customers. My LCS was much busier than usual on a Saturday, but I don't know if they were making any more money than usual.

It's a nice promotion, but the idea is to get more paying customers for the business, not get more non-paying business for a day. Wink
May 04, 2014, 03:05 PM
Darth Vader Fan
Wish I had a local comic shop near by in my area Frown
May 04, 2014, 05:42 PM
bookman
Rember that the store has to buy the comics that say free, and you have to buy x number of x number of titles to even get any to give out free.
May 04, 2014, 05:44 PM
Potato Head
quote:
Originally posted by bookman:
Rember that the store has to buy the comics that say free, and you have to buy x number of x number of titles to even get any to give out free.

The UK comic shops also has to pay postage to get them here from USA

May 04, 2014, 05:46 PM
Potato Head
Forbidden Planet in London still had quite a few comics left on Sunday

May 05, 2014, 07:26 AM
wolfie
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

It's a nice promotion, but the idea is to get more paying customers for the business, not get more non-paying business for a day. ;

I got the distinct feeling when I was there that the lack of response was because I was asking and not buying, I had the feeling that if I had been buying a load of stuff from the shop all these things that did not exist would suddenly have appeared.

May 05, 2014, 03:13 PM
Sidewinder
Went to my local after work and I think they had 3 different comics that they were giving away for free. I chose The New 52 Futures End. I didn't purchase anything, but there were a lot of people lined up at the cash counter and they had some sketch artists in store as well. So I think they had a pretty good day, sale wise.