Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Free Comic Book Day 2012
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Kennywood
posted

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kennywood,

Posts: 7361 | Location: the wonderful state of Denial | Registered: January 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
Perfect, going to see the Avengers movie with my kids on Saturday and there's a comic book store only a few hundred yards down the road. Thumb Up

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Has anyone heard if there's going to be any other promotional items given away, like trading cards, coasters, or posters ? Last year Liberty gave away a CBLDF promo card.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
Won't be going this year. Other than Atomic Robo and maybe Transformers, there just isn't anything I'm interested in and the AR stories are reprinted in the trades anyway.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Freddy:
Has anyone heard if there's going to be any other promotional items given away, like trading cards, coasters, or posters ? Last year Liberty gave away a CBLDF promo card.

An exclusive FCBD Heroclix boxed figure THOR (The Mighty Avenger) from WizKids/NECA was given out in small numbers. I only got one after going to 3 comic stores in the area. Great item!

Hoping I might get some Avengers movie swag but I found zilch (except for the Avengers FCBD comic)

But hey, it was just nice to get some free goodies w/o having to pay $25-30 show admission which is current pricing for 1-day con tickets down here.

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed stopping by my local comic shop for FCBD. This particular store seems to always go all out for FCBD. Moon bounce and everything, but then again, one of the shop owners works (script I think) on the Ninja's vs Zombies comics.

Their facebook page says they had 10,000 comics to give out. They even go to the local Regal Theatre and hand out comics in the lobby.

Between my wife and myself we picked up 3 of the Thor Heroclix boxed figures and comics that I thought that I or one of my 3 nieces might like. My son got his own books earlier in the day via his girlfriend.

The main comic that I wanted was My Favorite Martian. They were of course out of that one. They did not order too many as they did not think there would be much interest in it. I guess they were wrong. My son knew how much I wanted that comic so he gave me his. Me happy! Smile

FCBD is a great idea and I am glad that so many comic stores are supporting the concept annually.

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I stopped by Al and Ann's in McHenry and he had quite a crowd there. Girls dressed up as Batgirl, Supergirl and Catwoman, free cookies, and of course, free comics. I didn't take one of everything - but I did get a Buffy/Guild, Star Wars/Firefly, Uncle Scrooge, Dangerous Animals from Animal Planet, and a hard bound Mouse Guard comic. I did see a bunch of My Favorite Martian comics, but frankly, he was never MY favorite Martian, so I passed on that one. No card, no figures, a little disapointed there, tried to get the owner of the shop interested in cards again, since he does so much business with Walking Dead comics, but don't think he will do it. Still, it was a nice time, saw some old fiends, fun to look around there.

Posts: 2913 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
We stopped into our local comic book store too on Saturday. My son got Spider-man, Ulimate Spider-man, The Avengers, Transformers and Transformers. There was 5 comic limit unless you filled out an email card then you could take 10 comics. My daughter and her 2 friends grabbed plenty to read also, they seemd to be excited to get them. Two thumbs up... Thumb Up Thumb Up

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post