Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Entertainment Discussion    Leonard Nimoy Reveals He Has Lung Disease
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leonard Nimoy Reveals He Has Lung Disease
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Kennywood
posted

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kennywood,

Posts: 7361 | Location: the wonderful state of Denial | Registered: January 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Oh, what a shame. I'm very sorry to read this.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Hopefully, they caught him on a bad day, and there are still plenty of good ones left for him.

Leonard Nimoy means a lot to a lot of people, myself included. Beyond "Star Trek", I loved that old "In Search of..." show that he hosted. It used to creep me out, in a good way.

I was lucky to find 3 of his record album LPs in great shape at a thrift store about 15 years ago. Good stuff, especially "The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins"!

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Photographers are always looking to catch celebrities at their worse moments. That picture may make him look sicker than he is, hopefully.

Smoking doesn't help anybody, but Nimoy is 82. Going back on your life and saying woulda, coulda, shoulda when you enjoyed it all up to now is pointless. Everybody winds up with something eventually. Frown

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Life is always fatal, 'tis sadly true...

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Photographers are always looking to catch celebrities at their worse moments. That picture may make him look sicker than he is, hopefully.

Smoking doesn't help anybody, but Nimoy is 82. Going back on your life and saying woulda, coulda, shoulda when you enjoyed it all up to now is pointless. Everybody winds up with something eventually. Frown

My mother died of COPD. Believe me when I say this is exactly how someone looks. There are no good days.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

My mother died of COPD. Believe me when I say this is exactly how someone looks. There are no good days.

Sorry to hear that Graham. I certainly wasn't trying to offend anyone, so I guess the best option is never to post anything on some topics.

Anyway to explain, I was trying to be positive about his condition and I was also commenting on his age in relation to his illness. I also know a couple of people with COPD, one fairly young, and she never smoked at all. So smoking is very bad for you, but also if you are unlucky things can happen for no reason at all.

I wish him well and I apologize if it didn't seem to come out that way.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post