Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Joker
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Yeah and it's not just the terribly depressing nature of this "Joker". It's a realism I don't think anyone wants to see in light of recent events. The victimization of Joker, if that is what this film is bringing out, doesn't make him sympatric enough to excuse the mass murderer he becomes.

"The Batman" becoming an extreme vigilante with his own justice system also becomes a problem in need of a better explanation. You could argue that this was always the nature of these DC characters, but when they were comic superheroes and supervillains it was harmless fantasy. Portray them as real people in a real world with real psychology and things get very dark and muddled fast.

That's why Marvel movies have done better as pure entertainment in my opinion. They have kept the tortured souls mainly in check and not tried to turn them too normal yet, although Doctor Strange and the Scarlet Witch are walking the line.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
So my laugh for today involved more news on Joker 2, which may be called "Joker: Folie a Deux". Lady Gaga is said to be lined up to be added to the cast, possibly as Harley Quinn, and its a musical.

I guess they are going for brilliantly demented. It sounds half right. Big Grin

Has anyone in Hollywood paid any attention at all to what has happened to movie musicals lately? Twak

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Has anyone in Hollywood paid any attention at all to what has happened to movie musicals lately?

This is how you end up with things like WW84.

Posts: 4843 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post