Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Entertainment Discussion    New BBC Sherlock episodes start filming in March 2013
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New BBC Sherlock episodes start filming in March 2013
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted
From HitFix/IMDB:

"By making only three stories per season, "Sherlock" producer Steven Moffat has already turned the 21st century Sherlock Holmes series (not to be confused with the one on CBS) into a rare enough treat that we have to wait long intervals to consume. And now it sounds like the wait for the next batch is even longer.

EW is reporting that because of the busy schedules of Moffat (who also runs "Doctor Who") and stars Benedict Cumberbatch (who's the villain in the next "Star Trek" movie) and Martin Freeman (who is appearing in the 57 films that are being adapted from the 300-odd pages of "The Hobbit"), production on the next trio of "Sherlock" episodes has been pushed back from January to March, which will in turn delay when those episodes will air, first on the BBC (likely late 2013 now) and then PBS (possibly early 2014)."

I can't get enough of Sherlock! It's worth the wait if they can keep them as entertaining as the first 2 seasons (6 episodes)!

Posts: 1186 | Location: USA | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of piper_rulez
posted Hide Post
I just recently got into the show and it is absolutely amazing. This show is brilliantly done. I can't wait for the new season!

Posts: 1112 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
I stumbled on this show on Netflix and devoured all six episodes of season 1 & 2 in two days. I have been gushing to all of my friends about how unbelievably great it is. Glad other people enjoy it as much as I. Cannot wait for season 3!!

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've really enjoyed five of the six stories so far. The only let down was their new version of the Hound of the Baskervilles which I felt was very poor. I am looking forward to the next series when it appears Thumb Up

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great show! Perhaps there are cards in our future. Nice set would should Sherlok over the last 5 or so decades.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A set based on TV productions would be difficult though as various companies have produced a series for TV in the last 50 years although the BBC has shown at least three of them and they are difficult to deal with.

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
To not spoil anything, I'm just excited to see how they explain the ending of Season 2. It's based on a classic Holmes story by Doyle, but I want to see the modern take on how it was done. (Was that non-spoilery enough?) Big Grin

Posts: 1186 | Location: USA | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post