Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Entertainment Discussion    Henry Cavill Out as Superman ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Henry Cavill Out as Superman ?
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted

Posts: 4004 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Cavill has proved to be both humorless and charmless as Superman. Its kind of hard to blame the actor entirely, maybe this is the image that the screen writers and directors wanted him to portray. I don't know, but he looked the part without really playing the part. If he goes, I wouldn't miss him.

Just in general the role of Superman, unlike say the role of Batman, hasn't had a lot of good luck attached to the actor. That could even extend to Smallville, although Welling has faired better than some on that show. Superman might be as bad as that Scottish play. Wink

Posts: 10398 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Tom Welling hasn't done much since Smallville

3 movies, Parkland, Draft Day, and The Choice. None of them were big hits

And sadly, he and his wife divorced in 2015.

Posts: 4004 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Smallville was on for 10 seasons between 2001 and 2011 and a whole bunch of actors passed through it, some as principles and others just as guests or for a couple of episodes. A few turned out to do quite well, like Amy Adams. However some were tragic.

Lee Thomas Young and Margot Kidder committed suicide. Johnny Lewis killed someone and died accidently right after. Sam Jones III got in trouble with the law. Allison Mack and her cult are still in trouble with the law. John Schneider just got in trouble with the law again.

Kristin Kreuk seemed to disappear for about 5 years and I think is acting recently. No idea what happened to Michael Rosenbaum, I haven't heard his name for awhile.

Tom Welling just finished up as the main villain in Lucifer's 3rd season and he still looks pretty good. So he may not be going great guns, but by comparison . . . it could be worse.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10398 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Kristin Kreuk did the CW show "Beauty and the Beast" for 4 years after Smallville (2012-2016). Now apparently she's on some Canadian TV show, "Burden of Truth" which started this year

Michael Rosenbaum has done mostly cartoon voice work, and the TV shows "Breaking In", and "The Impastor", the latter of which lasted 2 years, in which he played a phony church pastor

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Never even tuned into Beauty and the Beast. The CW shows are not for me. Big Grin

Anyway the point may be moot, seems Cavill's people are backtracking, so he may not be hanging up his cape. That's if they want to keep putting Superman in movies of course. I would think so because they still make money, but the current stream of DC movies are quite inferior to the Marvel multiverse ones.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I read someplace that there are no plans to make another Superman movie for at least the next 4 years. Instead, there are rumors of a Supergirl movie

Why would they do this ? Why is Warner Bros. simultaneously making a Supergirl film when you have the TV show ? Just like they have a movie Flash (with possibly his own film coming in a few years) and a separate, TV Flash, the latter of which is doing well

Marvel doesn't have movies and TV shows with the SAME characters, but different actors

It just adds to the confusion