Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Entertainment Discussion    Harrison Ford to Star in "Blade Runner" sequel
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Harrison Ford to Star in "Blade Runner" sequel
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Apparently it will start filming in 2016, according to CNN, and will be written by one of the co-writers of the original movie

Posts: 4717 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Ford called it the best script he has ever read. Ridley Scott is producing. The original was from 1982 and was set in 2019. If they want to age Ford's character the actual amount of time that has passed, it will take place around 2045. It'll be pretty neat to see what they think that will look like! While all of the Replicants were "retired" in the original, there's no reason we can't see other copies of those Replicants that were given longer life spans so that Rutger Hauer, Darryl Hannah, Joanna Cassidy could appear, Sean Young, too, of course, and maybe William Sanderson and even Joe Turkel and James Hong, although they'd have to bring them back to life somehow, since they weren't Replicants (or WERE they?).
I'm sure Edward James Olmos would like to reprise his role, and even M. Emmett Walsh (of the "skin job" slur) is still with us, very glad to say, but Brion "Leon" James has passed away, sad to say.
I'd love to see them all, even in cameos, but Hauer, in particular in a larger part. He's earned it, and is a really big reason why that movie is so beloved. To that end, maybe they could get another score from Vangelis if he's up to it. The music in the original was beautiful.
I would LOVE to see a card set this time around, a combo set that cover the first movie along with the new one.

Posts: 3325 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I don't know how well this will work, bringing back Indiana Jones certainly wouldn't be a good example to follow. I loved Blade Runner when it came out, even though it was underappreciated for a long time. Now it is talked up as a classic, but if memory doesn't fail, it got a lukewarm reception at release.

Anyway, Hauer was the reason why I loved the movie and I have always thought he and the other replicants stole it out from under Ford. Not that it was Ford's fault so much as the character he had to play. He is pretty much of a jerk up until the ending and to be honest the ending of Blade Runner never felt right to me.

So maybe a sequel this long after could work out, they just have to have a reason to do it besides the $ sign.

Posts: 10398 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
"Replicant" by They Might Be Giants, Brooklyn's Ambassadors of Love, installing and servicing melody since 1986.

Replicant, replicant, where have you been?
Replicant, what is that stuff in your hair?
Replicant, why do you lie on the ground?
Shoveling handfuls of dirt on yourself

You've got his eyes
Same exact smile
All that he has
All this will be yours

Replicant, someone is waiting outside
He says you did something wrong to his friend
Look at me when I'm talking to you
What have you got there behind your back?

You've got his eyes
Same exact smile
All that he has
All this will be yours

I found this when I was cleaning your room
I think you've got some explaining to do
Whatever you did, we'll get through this
Go out the back and I'll deal with the cops

You've got his eyes
Same exact smile
All that he has
All this will be yours...

Posts: 3325 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
I so-o-o hope they make this movie!

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Harrison Ford had better stop being accident prone if he wants to make it to this sequel.

First he breaks his foot filming the new Star Wars and now he crash lands on a golf course. He is very lucky not to have been critically injured.

He is 72 and flying a restored vintage plane. Maybe he thinks he really is Han Solo. Big Grin

Posts: 10398 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
They definitely shouldn't let him drive the "spinner car" this time around.

They're saying he may have broke his pelvis and his ankle in this rough landing. Hopefully it was on the same leg that he broke making the new "Star Wars". Hope he gets well soon.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
Has the release date been changed?

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post