Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Aquaman movie
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Heroes For Hire
posted
Thought it was a good movie that didn’t take itself overly serious. Might have been about 15-20 minutes too long, but had a go flow to it so not a big deal.
I’m not too familiar with Aquaman’s comic book history, but it seemed to take a few things from The New 52 era like The Trench.
Wish I would have caught more of the Easter eggs during the movie.

Posts: 683 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
Agreed that it could have been a little shorter. Really enjoyed it, was a lot of fun. Hope that the DC movie universe is turning things around. With this movie and Wonder Woman they seem to be going in the right direction.

Shazaam looks like a fun movie as well.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
[In the voice of Raj from Big Bang Theory] "Oh Aquaman sucks!"

Joking... I look forward to check it out. Thumb Up

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
I can't argue it was a fun time at the theater. IMAX was great!

I just felt the basic story (King Arthur meets Sword in the Stone meets the Little Mermaid) was so dull and hashed out.

I know some of the DC origin stories are pretty old, maybe they should re-imagine them a little bit so we don't have a story that has been used a thousand times in the past 70 years.

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Just got an email from HMV UK saying my Steelbook pre-order will be honoured even though their eCommerce store is still in administration. It'll be great to see it again.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post