Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dredd 3D
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted
Well folks it's out in the USA tomorrow so go see it. Man I want a second film so go spend your money on this one so it will happen! It is a touch on the violent side but then it is an R rating. If your a fan you should like this it's MUCH better (how could it not be) than the 95 crapfest.

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've just started to see this film being advertised on the television here.

On another subject altogether, I see on your site that Bram Stoker's Dracula is finally coming together. I've been waiting for that one! Clap

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I saw this in the cinema and it was quite good, alot better than the Stallone version, Dreadd actually keeps his helmet on, it does justice to the comic books, the only downside is the trailer spoils the movie as it gives away things Frown
Hoping for a sequel Smile Smile Smile
Bring Judge Death!!!!!

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looks like this movie was a huge financial failure. Cost 50 million to make, and it grossed only 13 million in the U.S., 17 million overseas.

It closed in the U.S. theaters after just a few weeks.

Posts: 3996 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
This one has performed worse than the last one. I Dredd the next one coming out. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There were alot of action films in 2012 that were hyped but didn't do so well or were not huge hits:

John Carter
Total Recall
Ghost Rider 2
Expendables 2
Bourne Legacy
Battleship
Looper (Bruce Willis)
Dredd
Prometheus

Even "Men in Black 3" wasn't a blockbuster

All of the above except MIB3, Bourne, and Prometheus made less than 100 M at the U.S. box office, and Bourne made barely over 110 M

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
I rented Dredd today. It was pretty good, I'd give it a B-. Karl Urban as Dredd had won me over by the end, too bad the film underperformed as I'd like to see him in the role again... The two things that I would have changed are: 1) all the slow-motion effects. They were needed to show the effects of a drug, but a 30+ second shot of slow motion bath water splashing?!? and 2) a little more dynamic group of bad guys. I know it was too early for Judge Death, but the baddies were not very memorable.

Posts: 1186 | Location: USA | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
There were alot of action films in 2012 that were hyped but didn't do so well or were not huge hits:

John Carter
Total Recall
Ghost Rider 2
Expendables 2
Bourne Legacy
Battleship
Looper (Bruce Willis)
Dredd
Prometheus

Even "Men in Black 3" wasn't a blockbuster

All of the above except MIB3, Bourne, and Prometheus made less than 100 M at the U.S. box office, and Bourne made barely over 110 M

That's a pretty good list of financial failures. Here's a simple reason for it, nearly all of those films are ones that audiences feel like they saw before. Sequels, remakes, video games, and a couple of originals that follow well worn themes for Sci-Fi fans. They are not all bad movies and at least a couple are probably worth a DVD rental, but there is just not enough interest in enough people to shell out for the theater tickets and food at today's prices.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post