Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Entertainment Discussion    Robin Williams - question about cards on which he appeared
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Robin Williams - question about cards on which he appeared
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted
First I gotta say - what a sad and tragic loss for all of us. Himself, his family, and the world. He was a wonderful man and a rare gem in the entertainment industry. I will miss him.

With that said, no better way to celebrate his life than to dive back into his movies and shows. Last Friday, I spent over three hours watching his stand up until my abdomen couldn't take the pain from laughter anymore. I am so glad I saw him in person, then subsequently shook his hand and met him, back in 2005, when I served with the Navy in Bahrain for four months.

This leads me to my question, which makes me wonder if this thread should have been in a different section..... Anyway, I did a search online to review his IMDB resume, and I could only come up with three projects that were made into card sets: Mork & Mindy, Jumanji, and Hook.

Can anyone think of any other card sets that Robin appeared in?

May he rest in peace.

Geoff

P.S. I guess there's one tiny sliver of joy.....he still has three more films yet to be released! Clap

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Probably doesn't count, but the only two I can think of are Happy Days and Disney's Aladdin.

I can't remember if Robin Williams was actually pictured on any of the Happy Days cards, but that was where the Mork character originated as a guest role. In Aladdin he did the voice of the Genie, which is not the same as being pictured of course.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, the "Happy Days" sets well predate his first appearance as Mork on that show.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
There is a Mork & Mindy buy back card in the American Pie set.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
If you count voice work like Aladdin, he was also a voice in Robots. Was there ever a Ferngully set?

There are Flubber cards. I don't recall exactly, but I don't think it was a full set, more of a promo or giveaway.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking there was a single motion lenticular card from "Flubber" with a picture of Williams that morphed into some flubber which spelled out the name of the movie and release date. The same motion image was used for a wearable pinback button. I think I have the button, but not the card.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, there was a Ferngully set, and Robin's character appeared on a card.

If you put this into Google's search box:

"robin williams" site:nslists.com

you can find some other minor sets that had Robin Williams cards in them.

Posts: 2201 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post