Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Robin Williams - question about cards on which he appeared

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/958604453/m/3417064276

August 31, 2014, 07:55 PM
geoffbovey
Robin Williams - question about cards on which he appeared
First I gotta say - what a sad and tragic loss for all of us. Himself, his family, and the world. He was a wonderful man and a rare gem in the entertainment industry. I will miss him.

With that said, no better way to celebrate his life than to dive back into his movies and shows. Last Friday, I spent over three hours watching his stand up until my abdomen couldn't take the pain from laughter anymore. I am so glad I saw him in person, then subsequently shook his hand and met him, back in 2005, when I served with the Navy in Bahrain for four months.

This leads me to my question, which makes me wonder if this thread should have been in a different section..... Anyway, I did a search online to review his IMDB resume, and I could only come up with three projects that were made into card sets: Mork & Mindy, Jumanji, and Hook.

Can anyone think of any other card sets that Robin appeared in?

May he rest in peace.

Geoff

P.S. I guess there's one tiny sliver of joy.....he still has three more films yet to be released! Clap
August 31, 2014, 10:28 PM
Raven
Probably doesn't count, but the only two I can think of are Happy Days and Disney's Aladdin.

I can't remember if Robin Williams was actually pictured on any of the Happy Days cards, but that was where the Mork character originated as a guest role. In Aladdin he did the voice of the Genie, which is not the same as being pictured of course.
September 01, 2014, 02:59 AM
chesspieceface
Unfortunately, the "Happy Days" sets well predate his first appearance as Mork on that show.

September 01, 2014, 06:33 AM
wolfie
There is a Mork & Mindy buy back card in the American Pie set.

September 01, 2014, 09:09 AM
Ted Dastick Jr.
If you count voice work like Aladdin, he was also a voice in Robots. Was there ever a Ferngully set?

There are Flubber cards. I don't recall exactly, but I don't think it was a full set, more of a promo or giveaway.
September 01, 2014, 05:16 PM
chesspieceface
I'm thinking there was a single motion lenticular card from "Flubber" with a picture of Williams that morphed into some flubber which spelled out the name of the movie and release date. The same motion image was used for a wearable pinback button. I think I have the button, but not the card.

November 06, 2014, 01:40 PM
Bill Mullins
Yes, there was a Ferngully set, and Robin's character appeared on a card.

If you put this into Google's search box:

"robin williams" site:nslists.com

you can find some other minor sets that had Robin Williams cards in them.