Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Entertainment Discussion    Darth Vader is reportedly returning to Star Wars
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Darth Vader is reportedly returning to Star Wars
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted

There’s an exciting new rumor going around that says our favorite Star Wars villains of all time is returning to the universe in the near future. Darth Vader, complete with original costume and the voice of none other than James Earl Jones, is supposedly going to make a comeback and you’ve probably guessed where the Dark Lord might appear.

Link to Entire Article:
Darth Vader is reportedly returning to Star Wars

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
So let me get this straight. While we are watching SWTFA #7 and waiting on #8 and #9, there will be Rogue One, that is a prequel of sorts to New Hope #4, without being part of #3.

So if Rogue One does well, that can reproduce sequels that parallel the same time frame as Empire and Jedi. Is that fair to say?

Then those sequels can produce offshoots and if you extend the multiplication yearly from each one there will eventually come a time when no movies are made that are not in the Star Wars universe, either at different times or even in the same times, but different places and different characters, either marginally related or completely separate from any other running trilogies, or independent storylines.

Sounds silly when you put it that way, doesn't it. Wink Big Grin

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
So let me get this straight. While we are watching SWTFA #7 and waiting on #8 and #9, there will be Rogue One, that is a prequel of sorts to New Hope #4, without being part of #3.

So if Rogue One does well, that can reproduce sequels that parallel the same time frame as Empire and Jedi. Is that fair to say?

Then those sequels can produce offshoots and if you extend the multiplication yearly from each one there will eventually come a time when no movies are made that are not in the Star Wars universe, either at different times or even in the same times, but different places and different characters, either marginally related or completely separate from any other running trilogies, or independent storylines.

Sounds silly when you put it that way, doesn't it. Wink Big Grin

I guess they are ust trying to make the most money they can out of the Franchise...

I have read that they have plans for a Boba Fett Origin movie and a Han Solo Origin movie as well.

I think they are pushing it too much, but you know Star Wars fans will flock to any movie that has "Star Wars" in the title and they will make a ton of Money.

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I can understand the Han Solo series, they could do that for his adventures prior to meeting Luke. Not that the space pirate type theme has not already been done, what with Guardians and Firefly, but what the heck. The casting of a young actor in a role so iconic would probably be more of an issue. It did not seem to work that well for even Sean Patrick Flannery or River Phoenix as Indy.

But I have never been able to figure out the attraction of Boba Fett to his so-called following. He appears briefly in Jedi and in #2 Clones, I think. The rest is all in other stories and things that only hard core SW experts would seek out or even know about. So he has a Vader like outfit, big deal. Is every minor character in SW worthy of getting a back story?

Let's find out where the Cantina band worked before landing on Tatooine. It could be a road movie. Big Grin

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
People like pirate stories. They like evil pirates to get taken down and they like "gentleman" pirates to escape at the end.

As for Boba Fett, he appeared in "Empire" and he had somehow gained the respect of Darth Vader because he seemed to be the only one who talked back to him without getting remote strangled. Because that was never explained, he is a mystery man even after we learned something of his childhood in "Attack of the Clones."

Boba Fett is also some kind of ex-Special Forces guy, an expert with multiple types of weapons and he has an oddball-yet-heavily armed spaceship. That kind of character is going to appeal to anyone who is into that kind of video game or military adventure stories, fact or fiction.

Fans didn't like it when he fell into the Sarlaac Pit in "Return of the Jedi." If he was going to be eliminated, they should have given him a better death.

quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
I can understand the Han Solo series, they could do that for his adventures prior to meeting Luke. Not that the space pirate type theme has not already been done, what with Guardians and Firefly, but what the heck. The casting of a young actor in a role so iconic would probably be more of an issue. It did not seem to work that well for even Sean Patrick Flannery or River Phoenix as Indy.

But I have never been able to figure out the attraction of Boba Fett to his so-called following. He appears briefly in Jedi and in #2 Clones, I think. The rest is all in other stories and things that only hard core SW experts would seek out or even know about. So he has a Vader like outfit, big deal. Is every minor character in SW worthy of getting a back story?

Let's find out where the Cantina band worked before landing on Tatooine. It could be a road movie. Big Grin

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by catskilleagle:
Fans didn't like it when he fell into the Sarlaac Pit in "Return of the Jedi." If he was going to be eliminated, they should have given him a better death.

Apparently a lot of people feel that way. Before TFA opened, there was an internet rumor popular among the Bobba Fett Fan Club (yes there really is one) that Max von Sydow was going to play Fett. I guess that didn't turn out to be true.

Then they were seeing him in blurry background shots as an extra. Also not true yet. He's like the ghost of Marley I guess. Big Grin

The writers really should bring him back if the fanboys are this dedicated. It really isn't that hard, he shot an anchored rope to the side of the pit as he fell and climbed back up when they all went away. Problem solved. Big Grin

I'm all for people being happy, but it does seem like all the time and brain cells burned up to remember SW word-for-word dialogue and the most unimportant of plot details could be used in some more profitable efforts. Wink

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MarcG:

I guess they are just trying to make the most money they can out of the Franchise...

They paid $4 billion for it -- why would you expect anything else?

Posts: 2203 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post