Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Entertainment Discussion    "Road House" (1989) to be Remade
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Road House" (1989) to be Remade
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted

Posts: 4009 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Just an attempt to publicize Ronda Rousey's intentions of a film career. The line about a "screenplay still needing to be written" says it all at this point.

And for the record, Road House was a B movie that got elevated to cult-like status on DVD thanks to Patrick Swayze fans. It's not remake material, but Rousey might make a credible female action hero if she can do a minimal job of acting, which will probably be a lot harder than the fighting sequences.

This is the same territory that Gina Carano is trying to cover now and does anyone remember Cynthia Rothrock? Rothrock starred in a series of low budget martial arts films for a bit, but her acting left something to be desired. I'm being kind. Big Grin

Anyway, if history is a guide, actresses who can play female warriors tend to come off better than female warriors who are playing actresses. Wink

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
The animated series "Family Guy" has a lot to do with the continuing popularity of "Roadhouse". Peter Griffin memorably turned "Roadhouse!" into a catch phase on a well regarded episode.

As for a script, don't worry, Raven, these kinds of movies essentially write themselves...

Posts: 3328 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
The animated series "Family Guy" has a lot to do with the continuing popularity of "Roadhouse". Peter Griffin memorably turned "Roadhouse!" into a catch phase on a well regarded episode.

As for a script, don't worry, Raven, these kinds of movies essentially write themselves...

Ain't that the truth though . . . Big Grin

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That was a very popular film in the early to mid-1990s, when it seemed like everyone was watching it on VHS

I recall many discussions among my college and law school classmates about it, 20-25 years ago !

Posts: 4718 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Oh, "Roadhouse". That's a good one. And here's a free copy of "What Dreams May Come".

I do not want it.

But it's free.

Do NOT even let that movie come near my "Roadhouse" DVD!

(Paraphrased, but you get the idea...)

Posts: 3328 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
First time I watched it, I fell in love with the sountrack, especially the first song - Don't Throw Stones by Crusados. Bought the CD only to find this was one of a number of songs not included Shake Head

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of <<<<ALDO_NOVA>>>>
posted Hide Post
I wonder if will be as bad as the new Footloose? Hate it when they redo some movies, like the next version of Eddie and the Cruisers, which was pretty much done on the cheap! Used to laugh at the Cynthia Rothrock movies, which were pretty much bad, with bad scripts, bad acting and even badder wardrobe changes! In one fight, Cynthia was wearing skyscraper stripper heels, but magically had on these little black booties during the fight, but again had on her heels right after the fight was over! You get what you pay for I guess!

Posts: 217 | Location: Where you can't find me!!!!!! | Registered: August 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post