Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Entertainment Discussion    Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Kennywood
posted
Well, we finally have an official title for Star Wars: Episode IX...."Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker". It's an intriguing title, as which Skywalker will rise? Luke was apparently killed in the previous film. With Carrie Fisher no longer with us, it's difficult to imagine that it would be Leia. We'll just have to wait and see.

But with the release of the first trailer, it's great to see the return of Lando Calrissian. I wonder if he'll wind up being somehow related to Finn.

It's been announced that, after the release of this next film, Disney is putting Star Wars movies on hiatus for a while. I think that with the terrible returns for "Solo" and the less-than-expected revenue from "The Last Jedi", Disney realizes that there's a bit of Star Wars fatigue.

Still, we have one, more movie to anticipate. It should be a great film.

Posts: 7361 | Location: the wonderful state of Denial | Registered: January 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
I guess my input of "Rise of the Porgs" was just a bit too intense for the producers.

Posts: 4848 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
I guess my input of "Rise of the Porgs" was just a bit too intense for the producers.

You an me both. My input, "The Ewoks Rise Again" was too much of a spoiler.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Maybe the going forward from this movie, the Jedi will be referred to as Skywalkers. If so, the title wouldn't necessarily be referring to any one person.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it was great to see Billy Dee Williams again. I had hoped he'd be in "The Last Jedi" as Lando would have come to see his friends after hearing of Han's death. There must be some reason in the plot that someone else with experience needs to fly it with Rey otherwise busy.

You wonder if Snoke managed to survive in secret perhaps with the aid of some elaborate prosthesis like Vader (and Darth Maul in the animated series). There appears to be some evil surprise in store with the laughter of the Emperor at the end of the trailer.

quote:
Originally posted by Kennywood:
Well, we finally have an official title for Star Wars: Episode IX...."Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker". It's an intriguing title, as which Skywalker will rise? Luke was apparently killed in the previous film. With Carrie Fisher no longer with us, it's difficult to imagine that it would be Leia. We'll just have to wait and see.

But with the release of the first trailer, it's great to see the return of Lando Calrissian. I wonder if he'll wind up being somehow related to Finn.

It's been announced that, after the release of this next film, Disney is putting Star Wars movies on hiatus for a while. I think that with the terrible returns for "Solo" and the less-than-expected revenue from "The Last Jedi", Disney realizes that there's a bit of Star Wars fatigue.

Still, we have one, more movie to anticipate. It should be a great film.

Posts: 4376 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post