Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Entertainment Discussion    Shows Ending / Being Cancelled
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shows Ending / Being Cancelled
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Vampire Diaries
Orphan Black
Grimm
Bates Motel
Teen Wolf
Bones

Posts: 3997 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
No Fear the Walking Dead? Too bad.

Most of these have had a good run. I am glad they limited Bates Motel to 5 seasons and that it is going out on top.

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I saw a couple of episodes of Fear the Walking Dead and couldn't really get into it though I thought the last episode of Season 1 was good. A friend who is a big "Walking Dead" fan has stopped watching "Fear" and he's even getting weary of "Walking Dead." I think "The Strain" (trading zombies for vampires) is a better show and he agrees.

quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
No Fear the Walking Dead? Too bad.

Most of these have had a good run. I am glad they limited Bates Motel to 5 seasons and that it is going out on top.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
I watched the first season of Strain and liked it. I have yet to jump on season 2 but plan to. Even though it is kinda stupid, I enjoyed Z-Nation as well. Cool

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
I'm still waiting on any news about The 100

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
The only one i have ever seen of those is Orphan Black which i enjoyed.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of <<<<ALDO_NOVA>>>>
posted Hide Post
Bates Motel was running on fumes anyway, was about time it got pulled!

Posts: 217 | Location: Where you can't find me!!!!!! | Registered: August 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
So, on the back of disappointing news earlier on that Dark Matter had been cancelled, I now find out another of my favourites, Zoo, has bitten the dust. It feels like I should only start watching a series if they promise not to end each season on a cliffhanger.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
"House of Cards" ending in 2018, with Season 6.

Although Netflix claims it is not pulling the plug due to the controversy with Mr. Spacey. Supposedly they intended for the upcoming season to be the last.

Posts: 3997 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Netflix seems to want credit for cancelling a show starring Spacey (otherwise, why announce today?). Yet they aren't doing anything in response to the allegations.
They will continue production of unfilmed episodes, and they will continue to pay Spacey a lot of money.

Posts: 2200 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
ABC has cancelled "Once Upon a Time" after 7 years.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Not surprised to hear that news. They should have let it end with Season 6. The 'gritty' sort of reboot really wasn't the same programme. I just hope they bring the current storyline to an acceptable conclusion....but not holding my breath on that one Frown

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of <<<<ALDO_NOVA>>>>
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:

I was a big watcher of the show, but the last couple of years it's been pretty bad, even worse when stars of the show bail because it got so bad!

Posts: 217 | Location: Where you can't find me!!!!!! | Registered: August 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Lucifer really hurts. This season was fairly uneven due to unrelated shows from last year being held over and FOX's bad scheduling. Regular fans still stuck with it and the final 4 episodes, especially the last 2, were the best of Season 3. Now it gets cancelled on a high note and a cliff hanger.

There is a big push by viewers to have another network pick it up. There is an online petition with over 200,000 signers already and a Save Lucifer hash tag, if anyone is interested. Considering the new garbage shows they are announcing for next year, its a shame they would let this one go so easily.

I'm not holding out much hope for a pick up, but the Santa Clarita Diet got renewed by Netflix. Nuff said. Big Grin

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
Late to the party: I've only just gotten into Once Upon A Time (No spoilers please!) and I'm currently bingeing on Netflix.

Surprised considering it premiered in 2011 they went with 22 episodes per season, so old school like Buffy. Very cool. Lucky considering hits like Stranger Things only have 8 to 10 episodes per season. Twak

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
I'm not holding out much hope for a pick up, but the Santa Clarita Diet got renewed by Netflix. Nuff said. Big Grin

Yes, Lucifer was picked up by Netflix for a 4th season. I take back all the bad things I said about them. Big Grin

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
NBC cancelled "Timeless" (again)

It was cancelled after Season 1, and then at the last second brought back.

Now the time travel show is gone after 2 years

Picture of Scorpiovamp
posted Hide Post
The Originals is ending this season.

Posts: 285 | Location: Chicago | Registered: February 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Big Bang Theory is ending in May.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Much as I enjoyed the early years of the BBT, the last 3 seasons have been forgettable. Once in awhile they have a funnier episode, but since the characters have settled into domestic life most of the shows just seem like filler with no real focus. They used to be really amusing.

So it is past time to go for this one and just watch older reruns. Not that the network won't want to spin off one or more of these characters/couples. I'm sure they will put on some new one and we still have Young Sheldon, which I don't like at all and only see occasionally.