Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Entertainment Discussion    Shows Ending / Being Cancelled
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shows Ending / Being Cancelled
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Both "Iron Fist" and "Luke Cage" (based on the Marvel Comics) were cancelled by Netflix

Posts: 3997 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
I feel all but hardcore Marvel enthusiasts are tiring of all the adaptations in TV and Film being thrown at us.

Studios can't expect a hardcore (General Marvel) fanbase to be able to prop up every Marvel adaptation to hit the big and smalls screen.

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
CBS cancelled the "Murphy Brown" reboot after 13 episodes. It ends in late December

Posts: 3997 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
If you watched the new Murphy Brown for a few episodes you know why. Horrible acting, horrible scripts. I wasn't a big fan, but I sure don't remember the original run as being that bad or so darn unfunny.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
"Daredevil" has been cancelled by Netflix

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Game of Thrones is officially ending in 2019.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Game of Thrones is officially ending in 2019.

To be followed by a prequel set between 5,000 - 10,000 years beforehand and starring Naomi Watts. I have enjoyed GoT, but it has gotten so drawn out these last two seasons, I really have to consider if I want to get sucked into another one.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Netflix has cancelled The Punisher and Jessica Jones (ending after the upcoming Season 3)

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
"Elementary", the Sherlock Holmes TV show, is ending after Season 7 is broadcast this summer.

CBS is also ending "Criminal Minds" in 2020, after 15 years.

Finally, CBS says that "Murphy Brown" is NOT coming back for a 2nd year.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Netflix has cancelled The Punisher and Jessica Jones (ending after the upcoming Season 3)

I thought that these two, especially The Punisher was very well received by fans. Is it that bases are just too small to make the minimally numbers for a hit show? Is it that the fan bases just aren't turning out for cable shows on a bunch of different networks? Is it that Netflix has so many projects its a revolving door and they don't need niche titles now?

Probably all of the above, but it's sad when they do right by a story and it's not enough to stay on. I think this signals an end to that period where every graphic title like Preacher and American Gods had short runs.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
Arrow is over after a truncated 8th season to air this fall. I am not that upset about it after the mistreatment of my favorite DC character- Black Canary as well as the elevation of one of the worst characters and relationships with Felicity and Olicity along with a highly toxic fanbase for said relationship.

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
CW has announced that "Supernatural" is ending in 2020, after 15 years.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The X-Men related show "Legion" has been cancelled after Season 3

And Marvel's "Defenders" has been cancelled, as well. I guess no more card sets there !

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
The X-Men related show "Legion" has been cancelled after Season 3

And Marvel's "Defenders" has been cancelled, as well. I guess no more card sets there !

Legion season 1 was awesome. Season 2 was unique but felt like it was trying to be weird just to try to be different....and it failed.
So, I am not that invested in season 3.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
Legion season 1 was awesome. Season 2 was unique but felt like it was trying to be weird just to try to be different....and it failed.
So, I am not that invested in season 3.

So many of these limited cable shows with 10 or 12 episodes are like that. They start off pretty good and something out of the ordinary stuff offered on the major networks. Maybe they have some graphic violence or nudity or bad language, but it fits in with the subject matter and you get into it because it is different. But then it all goes off the rails.

They start at such a high level that, in order to keep shocking or surprising the audience, the plots and characters do things that are not just weird, but incredible. All semblance of a logical storyline, even given that it might be an illogical subject, is just abandoned for utter nonsense. After awhile the only viewers that can stick with it are the ones who say "I don't know what I'm watching, but it sure is great."

I've never been one of those. Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
With all this doom and gloom about cancelled series, I thought I'd throw in a small ray of sunshine: Lucifer returns on Netflix on 8th May Clap

But in keeping with the rest of the thread, I have to agree with Raven about so many cable shows starting well with the first series, then going downhill rapidly in the second. With Season 3 of 'Stranger Things' coming up I wonder if it will follow the same formula, i.e. an even bigger other world beastie ? I'm hoping they introduce a touch of 'realism' to it by having one of the two main adult characters developing lung cancer as a result of their chain smoking in seasons one and two Big Grin

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Kennywood
posted Hide Post
NBC has renewed "Manifest" for a 2nd season. If it doesn't go the way of "X-Files" and "Lost" with their convoluted plots, "Manifest" could be a really good show.

Posts: 7361 | Location: the wonderful state of Denial | Registered: January 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think it's mostly that the fan bases are too small. Who was clamoring for a "Punisher" show? Netflix took a chance on it because it was Marvel and the service could get by with lower ratings. They tried to do it right but there are just not enough "Punisher" fans these days to support even a quality show.

quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by David R:

I thought that these two, especially The Punisher was very well received by fans. Is it that bases are just too small to make the minimally numbers for a hit show? Is it that the fan bases just aren't turning out for cable shows on a bunch of different networks? Is it that Netflix has so many projects its a revolving door and they don't need niche titles now?

Probably all of the above, but it's sad when they do right by a story and it's not enough to stay on. I think this signals an end to that period where every graphic title like Preacher and American Gods had short runs.

Posts: 4377 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The DC Comics show "Swamp Thing" has been cancelled after 10 episodes.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/...ed-streaming-service

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looks like "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." is ending next summer, 2020, after 7 seasons.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/18...-7-ending/index.html