Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Entertainment Discussion    Shows Ending / Being Cancelled
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shows Ending / Being Cancelled
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
NBC is ending the "Will and Grace" revival in 2020, after 3 seasons.

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Whiskey Cavalier has been cancelled after 13 episodes.

Mile 22 bombed.

Your move Lauren Cohan.

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Whiskey Cavalier was awful. Blood and Treasure is awful, but got renewed. Instinct is awful, but came back, don't know if it gets renewed for a third season.

It's a formula. Male lead, female lead, maybe romantic, maybe not, and all they do is banter with each other. The plot of the episode is only necessary so far as it gets them to talk and talk and talk about absolutely nothing. Characters looking for a story and an audience getting bored. Big Grin

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:

Your move Lauren Cohan.

And that move will almost certainly be straight back to Walking Dead. Wink

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:

Your move Lauren Cohan.

And that move will almost certainly be straight back to Walking Dead. Wink

I think I would find the humor in it if they decided they didn't need her. Smokin'

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
"Krypton" kancelled.

SyFy said, "Kneel before Zod" after the just concluded 2nd season and also announced the proposed "Lobo" spin-off won't be going forward, either.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I didn't even know there was a "Krypton" show until I saw news of the cancellation

It was about Superman's grandparents

Did anyone here on the board watch the show ?

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
"Krypton" kancelled.

SyFy said, "Kneel before Zod" after the just concluded 2nd season and also announced the proposed "Lobo" spin-off won't be going forward, either.

The makers have actually said that they will be offering the show plus the Lobo spin-off to other channels. SyFy are arrogant enough to think if they don't want it, no-one will.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
I didn't even know there was a "Krypton" show until I saw news of the cancellation

It was about Superman's grandparents

Did anyone here on the board watch the show ?

I watched the first season and was surprised, it was pretty good. It had the potential to be better but I will have to see the second season to find out and then figure out if I want to complain about it's cancellation.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Apparently the Hulu network was supposed to have a "Ghost Rider" show in 2020, based on the Marvel Comics character, but word is that it has been cancelled before was even filmed.

He was on "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." and the same actor was supposed to do the spin-off, but now that is not happening

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
So Fresh Off The Boat was just cancelled after 6 seasons. It will finish up with a shortened 15 episode run early next year, after having been renewed for 2019 with some drama.

It's female star Constance Wu publicly showed disappointment back when the show was picked up and, while no one is saying that caused the network to decide on this surprise cancellation, I doubt it helped. Wu had gotten the reputation of being a royal diva right after she hit it big with the movie Crazy Rich Asians. Then she followed it up with Hustlers and no longer wanted to be tied to a TV series when she had film projects waiting.

Now she will be free of TV and it will be interesting to see what she does. Crazy Rich Asians was an ensemble cast and Hustlers starred Jennifer Lopez. Ms. Wu may wind up wishing she had not helped to pull the plug on a steady job. Big Grin

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Fox has announced that 90210 is not coming back

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Mystery Science Theater 3000 has been cancelled

See below

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/27...ater-3000/index.html

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The new "Hawaii Five O" is ending after 10 years

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was wondering if this TV season was going to be the last for "The Blacklist" but it got renewed. The weird thing worth mentioning with the season-ender was that the filming of it was only half-done when the coronavirus shutdown happened in mid-March. I think all the other shows were already airing their last episodes around that time or their filming was completed.

The show's producers finished the show with animated scenes. As with other shows/movies, scenes are not filmed in the sequence of the aired episode. As you might guess, the animation was rather crude but it was maybe 20-25 minutes of content that had to be filled in, and with dialogue recorded and edited, within two months. With all that was happening, it was pretty cool.

Jess

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Quite sad to see that a new show for us in the UK, Emergence, has been cancelled after one season. For a show from the US, it was a breath of fresh air for really good reasons. The story moved on. No clandestine secrets kept for no reason, a new thing to keep you hooked happened each episode, and the cast were excellent. I guess there will be a new slew of programs about suffering and heroics during the pandemic which will actually last longer than the virus itself "because it's what the people want" without actually asking the people.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Heard that they cancelled the show "COPS" this week, which ran for 32 seasons (!)

It began on FOX in 1989, and moved to Spike TV in 2013, I believe.

Apparently it was quietly cancelled due to the current political climate. At least that is what I read.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I don't see this mentioned anywhere, but "Supergirl" is ending this year on the CW Network, after 6 seasons.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't see this mentioned anywhere, but "Supergirl" is ending this year on the CW Network, after 6 seasons.

As a viewer, this is not so much an ending, more like a mercy killing. I'd hoped Mon-El, the Legion of Super-Heroes, Martian Manhunter or pretty much anything would be like the comics. The only thing that was? The title.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I thought the first episode was poorly-written and didn't watch another one.

quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
quote:

As a viewer, this is not so much an ending, more like a mercy killing. I'd hoped Mon-El, the Legion of Super-Heroes, Martian Manhunter or pretty much anything would be like the comics. The only thing that was? The title.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post