Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 31
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Obituaries
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Adding to the list of COVOID-19 deaths, Phil Spector, who passed away in prison at the age of 81. He was convicted for the murder of Lana Clarkson back in 2003. Spector was a musical genius, but unfortunately the other side of that coin overtook him. His influence on pop music is undeniable, but he lost his legacy long ago.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Mira Furlan - Delenn, Babylon 5 has passed away aged 65.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Rather sad news for people here in the UK. Capt Sir Tom Moore, arguably the best known celebrity of 2020, has passed away at the age of 100.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52726188

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-...bucks-herts-52324058

At least his final year was truly amazing Smile

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Please know that he made the news here in the U.S. as well...a hero here and the world over.

That's awesome that he got that RAF flyover. I love it when the current military wants to do something for someone who was defending the country before they were born.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
Rather sad news for people here in the UK. Capt Sir Tom Moore, arguably the best known celebrity of 2020, has passed away at the age of 100.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52726188

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-...bucks-herts-52324058

At least his final year was truly amazing Smile

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Mary Wilson of the Supremes died aged 76.

Feel as though i have known her all my life which i have. Frown

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ifish73:
Prince Markie Dee of the Fat Boys passed away. Thought they would have been in the Yo MTV Raps set but do not see them on the checklist.

A better place for this post than the Non-Sport Obituaries thread.

Posts: 2202 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Longtime newsman, Roger Mudd, passed away at the age of 93 on March 9.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Actor George Seagal passed away yesterday from complications after bypass surgery. I remember him from the 1976 movie, "The Duchess and the Dirtwater Fox" with Goldie Hawn because it was in that first batch of movies put out by a local cable channel, the "G Channel," around 1977 when HBO was still a new thing.

I liked his show "Just Shoot Me" and recall that he played banjo in a dixieland band for a while with Conrad Janis, who played Mindy's father on "Mork and Mindy." Talented guy.

Jess

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
Actor George Seagal passed away yesterday from complications after bypass surgery. I remember him from the 1976 movie, "The Duchess and the Dirtwater Fox" with Goldie Hawn because it was in that first batch of movies put out by a local cable channel, the "G Channel," around 1977 when HBO was still a new thing.

I liked his show "Just Shoot Me" and recall that he played banjo in a dixieland band for a while with Conrad Janis, who played Mindy's father on "Mork and Mindy." Talented guy.

Jess

And great in the Goldbergs too

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Gloria Henry, who played the mom on the early 60's TV show, "Dennis the Menace," passed away on April 3 at the age of 98.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, and husband to Queen Elizabeth II for 73 years, has passed away at 99.

I think in recent years, specifically because of The Crown series, people not in the United Kingdom got to see him, or at least the portrayal of him, as someone they could relate to in a certain way they didn't know about before. Sorry to hear the news.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
He and the Queen visited California in the late 90's and one of their stops was the Hewlett-Packard complex in Cupertino where my mom worked (now the site of the Apple "spaceship"). She said the Queen didn't talk much while Prince Phillip was more down-to-earth and talked more with people. She was sorry to hear of his passing.

quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, and husband to Queen Elizabeth II for 73 years, has passed away at 99.

I think in recent years, specifically because of The Crown series, people not in the United Kingdom got to see him, or at least the portrayal of him, as someone they could relate to in a certain way they didn't know about before. Sorry to hear the news.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Actor James Hampton passed away on April 7. He did guest spots on all kinds of TV shows. Some would remember him from "F Troop" but he was "Caretaker" in the original "The Longest Yard" with Burt Reynolds, the role I remember him most from. My dad has always been into UFO investigation so we saw "Hangar 18" in a theater.

I don't know if he's on a card. Maybe. He could be in the "Laffs" set among the "Perfect Strangers" cards or the first series of "Dukes of Hazzard."

Jess

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
It is being reported that Helen McCrory has died.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
The Helen McCrory news was a shock. She was only on Good Morning Britain a few weeks ago talking about the Prince's Trust to which she was an ambassador with her husband Damian Lewis, although on reflection she didn't look that well. Very sad.
I loved her in so many things, from The Queen, to Penny Dreadful, Harry Potter to Peaky Blinders.
I have her card from Harry Potter DH1, not sure if she signed for any other sets?

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of piperh33
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog Witch:
The Helen McCrory news was a shock. She was only on Good Morning Britain a few weeks ago talking about the Prince's Trust to which she was an ambassador with her husband Damian Lewis, although on reflection she didn't look that well. Very sad.
I loved her in so many things, from The Queen, to Penny Dreadful, Harry Potter to Peaky Blinders.
I have her card from Harry Potter DH1, not sure if she signed for any other sets?

Yes, she also signed for the set "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" Update. I have the 2 cards and these have always been important pieces in my collection of trading cards. (Harry Potter collection and all my entire collection.)

I'm in shock and very, very sad. I LOVED her ! Frown Frown Frown Frown

Posts: 130 | Location: Bordeaux, France | Registered: December 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Former Vice President Walter Mondale passed away today at the age of 93.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Jim Steinman, composer of Bat out of Hell, has passed away at the age of 73:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/ent...inment-arts-56825060

Is there anyone on here who hasn't got that album in their collection ? Great music and an amazing cover Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kevin F,

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
Is there anyone on here who hasn't got that album in their collection ? Great music and an amazing cover Smile

I think both Steinman and Meat Loaf could never top it and it kind of hurt them in comparison to their later work. Yes, original LP. Never gets old. Smile

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Me.

But I have Mountain CLIMBING, does that count?

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post