Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 31
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Obituaries
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Joe Turkel passed away on June27 at the age of 94. He was in a lot of films but we might know him best from "Blade Runner" in which he played the creator of the replicants.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
Joe Turkel passed away on June27 at the age of 94. He was in a lot of films but we might know him best from "Blade Runner" in which he played the creator of the replicants.

The perfect Bartender!

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The actor David Warner has died at the age of 80. He was best known for playing villains in films including 'Tron' and 'Time Bandits', but he has appeared in numerous memorable roles over the years. Sad to hear he is no longer with us.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/ent...inment-arts-62219839

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
First Ray Liotta dies and now fellow Goodfellas star Paul Sorvino at 83.

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Judith Durham, lead singer with The Seekers has died aged 79. I bet she is on a music card somewhere.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Oh yes she is. The Seekers had a couple of hits in the U.S. I remember "Georgy Girl" very well though I've never seen the movie. They had a number of hits in Australia and the UK. Durham had a lot of success as an award-winning solo artist as well.

quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Judith Durham, lead singer with The Seekers has died aged 79. I bet she is on a music card somewhere.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Olivia Newton-John has died at 73 of cancer

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:

Man, what a bummer! She's been fighting that for years and years. Her songs will live on at every holiday party and wedding reception, but it feels like we are losing them all. RIP Lady.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
This has been a rotten few weeks for celebreties that have given me so many wonderful memories. Now Olivia Newton-John has gone. At least her music and films will always be there to give those memories a welcome jog Smile

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/ent...inment-arts-40105353

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it was hard to hear of Olivia Newton John's passing. It was on the evening news. They played a few seconds of "Physical" but they didn't add how huge a song that was. It was the Number 1 song on the Billboard Hot 100 for 10 weeks.

She was able to change with the times from early 70's country pop to "Grease" in the late 70's moving on to change her image with a sexier sound with her "Totally Hot" and "Physical" albums. It was a bit shocking like when Sheena Easton released "Sugar Walls."

I always liked that John Denver song "Fly Away" in which she did background vocals. I just read that she was uncredited for that but everyone knew it was her.

Sad day.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Raymond Briggs the creator and illustrator of 'The Snowman' has passed away at 88. A wonderful piece of animation that I rewatch every year at Christmas.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/ent...inment-arts-62490170

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Anne Heche has passed away at only 53. The press will cover the story for a short while and then forget about it. Maybe someone will come up with a low budget documentary. A missed life and a terrible way to go. RIP Ms. Heche, you deserved better.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Anne Heche has passed away at only 53. The press will cover the story for a short while and then forget about it. Maybe someone will come up with a low budget documentary. A missed life and a terrible way to go. RIP Ms. Heche, you deserved better.

Wow! Think the last thing I saw her in was the remake of Psycho. Definitely gone too soon.

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Amazing director Wolfgang Petersen passes away at 81 years old. 1941-2022

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Josephine Tewson, best known by me as neighbor Elizabeth in "Keeping Up Appearances", has passed away at 91. I really like that show and have to laugh at something every time I see it again. Ms. Tewson had a long career that seems to have started later in life. I was sorry to hear That Clive Swift, who played Mr. Bucket passed away a couple of years ago. They made for a great put-upon pair for Hyacinth.

Thankfully Patricia Routledge and Judy Cornwell are still going strong, but it's sad when these favorite vintage TV casts begin to leave us.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Joe E. Tata has passed away at the age of 85. A longtime actor, who played various henchmen on Batman (1966-1968) and appeared several times on "The Rockford Files" in the 70's as well, guested on numerous TV shows in the 60's-80's (Outer Limits, Gomer Pyle, Hogan's Heroes, Time Tunnel, Lost in Space, Green Acres, Emergency, Police Woman, Simon & Simon, A-Team, to name several). He became an "overnight sensation" in the 90's with a recurring role on Beverly Hills 90210. He might be on a card from one of those shows.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
I have just learnt that Larry Schlekewy has passed away. The hope that anyone had of getting their commissions from him (in my case, 11 years) has gone as well.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Eleven years you say. He must have been one heck of a slow drawer. Wink

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Virginia Patton who was in "It's a Wonderful Life" (1946) playing George Bailey's sister in law has died at 97.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Henry Silva has passed away at 95. He literally played in hundreds of roles over his long career, often the villain, but always in a memorable part. He was the last living original member of the "Ocean's 11" Rat Pack film. RIP Mr. Silva.