Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 31
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Obituaries
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Another Non-sport Notable who passed away last year was Bunny Yeager, who died back in May. She is most famous for taken a number of glamorous and cheesecake photos of Bettie Page, and appeared in several sets of cards devoted to Page. She also had a card in the scarce Baseball Photographers set of cards.

Posts: 2202 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Dr. Who and the Daleks lead actor, Barrie Ingham passed away on Thursday 23rd. He is one of the featured signers in the upcoming Unstoppable Cards release of the movie.
R.I.P Barrie Angel

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
Joe Maudlin passed away recently. He was the bassist for Buddy Holly and the Crickets. He appears on Topps Hit Stars. It is card #51 (1957).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: stevetrek,

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Gary Owens yesterday at his home, sad to say, at 80 years.
What a voice!

http://variety.com/2015/tv/new...es-at-80-1201433731/

I'm thinking he may have had a card in the vintage "Laugh-In" set or perhaps Inkworks TV Coolest Classics set or Star-Line's Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Ah, the flying fickle finger of fate finds us all, eventually. Rest in peace, Gary Owens.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Owens was on card #7 from the Laugh In set. I don't believe he was in either of the other two sets.

Posts: 2202 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The hits keep coming.
Lesley Gore dies at 68.

http://mynorthwest.com/15/2711...sley-Gore-dies-at-68

My mom was a big fan so I got tickets for her and my dad to see Lesley in Laughlin, Nevada about 10 years ago. She put a great show and took plenty of time afterward with the fans. She had items for sale as is the custom, but she took plenty of free pictures with folks and signed lots of free autographs which speaks to the kind of person she was.

Rest in peace, Lesley Gore.
It's all of the people who knew you and loved you's turn to cry...

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
quote:
The hits keep coming. Lesley Gore dies at 68.

Just read this - makes me really sad since I just loved her in my pre-teen years.

I remember dreaming about her way back then...
Guess I was girl craZee but that red hair, that face & eyes, and that voice really did it to me LOL!

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ben Woolf, who has an auto card in American Horror Story, died from injuries received after being struck by a vehicle.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Very sad, he was only 34. Rest in peace, Ben Woolf.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
I am sorry to post this one. Lenorard Nimoy passed away today. I am sure all Star Trekkers are saddened.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
And non-Trekkers too. He was a great guest at shows and made his autograph available to fans in a few unique ways. RIP Mr. Nimoy and Mr. Spock.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
sad to hear, I knew he had gone into hospital but heard nothing more. Frown

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ahhhhh, this one hurts. I treasure getting to applaud him in person at the Hall H Comic-Con panel a few years back when they were promoting the Star Trek movies reboot, and what a thunderous ovation he received when he came on stage.

"I have been, and always shall be, your friend."

Rest in peace, Leonard Nimoy...
Frown

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Leonard Nimoy's final Tweet:

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

11:36 PM - 22 Feb 2015

Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
Less than a week after Leonard Nimoy, word has come that we have also lost Harve Bennett, producer of many classic tv shows and Star Trek II through V. He was 84 and his impact on the franchise was both immense and fondly remembered.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Bennett had an autograph card in the ST Movies set:

http://www.worthpoint.com/wort...tt-admiral-119067049

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Alberta Watson, who had a costume card and a regular card as "Erin Driscoll" in the 24: Season 4 set, died March 6.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Stan Freberg has passed away. I don't know of any cards he appeared on, but he had a hand in, or influenced, so much of what I found funny growing up.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:
Stan Freberg has passed away. I don't know of any cards he appeared on . . .

There are Hubie and Bertie cards in the Space Jam sets (Freberg voiced Bertie), and a Pete Puma card in All Time Toons (Pete was the cat who, when asked how many lumps he'd like, alway said "Oh, three or four" and promptly got whopped on the head 3 or four times. Freberg was his voice, too).

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Rest in peace, Stan Freberg, a legend.

Here are some choice samples of his classic Looney Tunes work.

http://deadline.com/2015/04/st...ny-tunes-1201406081/