Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 31
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Obituaries
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
1980s/90s TV star / comedian Jay Thomas, dead at 69. I don't think he was on any cards.

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Horror film director Tobe Hooper has died.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
He joined "Mork and Mindy" after the card set was released so you may be right. He appeared on a lot of shows, though - could be on a card in some oddball set like that one promoting CBS TV shows with the playing card design and celebrities on the front.

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
1980s/90s TV star / comedian Jay Thomas, dead at 69. I don't think he was on any cards.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
we lost a Wonderful collector - Beth Spivak ...aka Norman1 on the Rittenhouse Archives Forum.

She will be Missed. She loved Star Trek but had wide ranging tastes in collecting.

She had many psc by some great artists. She helped a lot of people finish their sets. She was one of the best collectors/dealers I ever knew.

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear this. Beth used the name chapin on eBay. I have bought several cards from her over the years, but I hardly used it anymore, so nothing that recent I'm afraid.

Two of my favorite autograph cards came from her and I will remember that. She was a very nice lady.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
I was just reading about the life & career of Shelley Berman who died at age 92 a few days ago. Now theres a comedian & actor & writer that really made his mark...

I didn't know that he recorded the first comedy record to go gold in sales. And I wonder if he set a record with 20+ appearances on the Ed Sullivan show(?)

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
Legendary character actor Harry Dean Stanton has passed on at the age of 91. Some of his more well known projects include Alien, Pretty in Pink and Twin Peaks.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
What a beautiful and touching elegy are now his appearances on the just concluded Twin Peaks revival. Each of his scenes were magical, particularly his final one where he sang and played a small guitar.

My personal favorite role of his will always be The Brain in "Escape From New York", probably because the age I was when I saw that, and the wonderful memories it brings back, but his memorable roles go on and on. A letter-perfect Detective Rudolph Junkins in "Christine", plus "Wild At Heart", "Repo Man", fan favorites left and right. He was one of the FBI agents guarding Frankie Five Angels in "Godfather II", for pete's sake!

Thank you Upper Deck, for the superb Alien Anthology autograph you secured from him a couple of years ago. I have two and cherish them.

Thank you, Harry Dean, for being so ***-**** cool for so ***-**** long...

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
What a beautiful and touching elegy are now his appearances on the just concluded Twin Peaks revival. Each of his scenes were magical, particularly his final one where he sang and played a small guitar.

My personal favorite role of his will always be The Brain in "Escape From New York", probably because the age I was when I saw that, and the wonderful memories it brings back, but his memorable roles go on and on. A letter-perfect Detective Rudolph Junkins in "Christine", plus "Wild At Heart", "Repo Man", fan favorites left and right. He was one of the FBI agents guarding Frankie Five Angels in "Godfather II", for pete's sake!

Thank you Upper Deck, for the superb Alien Anthology autograph you secured from him a couple of years ago. I have two and cherish them.

Thank you, Harry Dean, for being so ***-**** cool for so ***-**** long...

I made it a point to drive thru Paris TX with HDS and Nastassia Kinski in mind. Never realized that Harry was 90+ but he got a late start in the movie world I guess...

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Game show host ("Let's Make a Deal") Monty Hall has died.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
It has been confirmed that Tom Petty has passed away:-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-41475013

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Two deaths---

Robert Guillaume, best known for TV's "Benson" back in the 1980s

1950s singer Fats Domino

Both were 89.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Robert Knight, who had the hit song "Everlasting Love" (the original version, not the 70s remake) in 1967, died at 72.

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The BBC have announced that Rodney Bewes has died aged 79. He appeared as Stein in the DR Who episode Resurrection of the Daleks and he has at least one autograph card a Strictly Ink series. which I have but I don't have the facility to show a scan.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
David Cassidy has passed at the age of 67

Posts: 2604 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Heather North aged 71 Daphne's voice in Scooby Doo died 30th November

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Jon Paul Steuer, the first actor to play Alexander Rozhenko in ST:TNG has passed away, aged just 33. R.I.P

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Peter Wyngarde, best known for his portrayal of Jason King in the TV Series 'Department S' and it's spin off, has died aged 90.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Dennis Edwards, singer with the Motown group The Temptations, from 1968 to 1977, and then for a few years off and on for most of the 1980s, died at age 74.

Not sure if he's on any cards.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Character actor Mickey Jones, seen in many TV shows and movies since the 1970s has died.

https://www.horrorsociety.com/...-actor-mickey-jones/