Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 31
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Obituaries
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Juan Romero, the 17 year old busboy, who held Robert F. Kennedy's hand as he lay dying on June 5, 1968, has passed at age 68.

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aeolus14ummbra
posted Hide Post
Scott Wilson (Hershel Greene on the Walking Dead) has passed away at the age of 76.

Posts: 285 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Katherine MacGregor, who was Mrs. Oleson on "Little House on the Prairie" from 1974 to 1983, has passed at age 93.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ken Berry has died, age 85. I can't find a card with him on it. I was hoping he'd be in the Pacific "Andy Griffith" set, but doesn't seem to be so.

Posts: 2202 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Another sad loss. We used to watch Mayberry RFD all the time.
Well, not ALL the time, just when it was being broadcast.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, for an actor who appeared in shows/movies in the 60's to 80's at least, he seemed to have just missed getting on a trading card. Wasn't there an "F Troop" set? There's a small chance he's in the "CHiPs set or "TV's Coolest Classics" (has some Andy Griffith cards in it) sets. As a kid in the 70's, I saw him guest-starring on various shows and I think he was on a few celebrity game shows. My youngest brother was a big fan of "The Cat from Outer Space."

quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:
Ken Berry has died, age 85. I can't find a card with him on it. I was hoping he'd be in the Pacific "Andy Griffith" set, but doesn't seem to be so.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ken Berry also did "Mama's Family" with Vicki Lawrence for 6 years in the 1980s. Smile

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Movie/TV/stage star Philip Bosco died at 88.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Bosco

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sondra Locke, best known for starring in all of those Clint Eastwood films in the late 1970s and 80s (and for being romantically linked with Clint for many years) has died at 74.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Penny Marshall of "Laverne and Shirley" fame, has passed at 75.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Donald Moffat has died aged 87. He was one of those character actors that pretty much everyone would recognise but might not remember where they had seen him before. The BBC have a nice little obituary for him:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/ent...inment-arts-46647730

I remember him as the President in Clear and Present Danger and also as Rem in the TV series of Logan's Run but his entry in the IMDB is huge:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0595567

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Sad. He was in THE THING! I love that movie.
And you're right, I had to see his face before I knew who he was.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It was announced today that Dame June Whitfield mainly known to British audiences for Terry and June, Absolutely Fabulous and at least 4 Carry on films died in her sleep on Friday night 28th/29th December 2018 aged 93.

RIP

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was sorry to read this. I remember Donald Moffat for "Clear and Present Danger." I recall watching the TV version of "Logan's Run" with Heather Menzies but forgot about Rem. I always thought if there was a movie about the company I worked for during most of the 90's, he should play the president. He looked a lot like him and I figured he could pick up his weathered New England accent. Moffat was like Robert Foxworth. They both played robots and could be believable in a variety of roles.

quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
Donald Moffat has died aged 87. He was one of those character actors that pretty much everyone would recognise but might not remember where they had seen him before. The BBC have a nice little obituary for him:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/ent...inment-arts-46647730

I remember him as the President in Clear and Present Danger and also as Rem in the TV series of Logan's Run but his entry in the IMDB is huge:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0595567

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Singer James Ingram, who had many hits in the 1980s, has passed at age 66.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Singer James Ingram, who had many hits in the 1980s, has passed at age 66.

Sad news

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I was at my brother's house earlier today. We were bummed out the day before. I Youtubed "Just Once," "Ya Mo Be There," and "What about Me?" He didn't remember the last one (song with Ingram did with Kenny Rogers and Kim Carnes).

It's equally sad that you don't hear James Ingram songs on the radio anymore - not even the 80's stations. "Just Once" was huge.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I remember his duet with Patti Austin, "Baby, Come to Me", from 1982-83, quite vividly. That was a # 1 hit.

Plus, "I Don't Have the Heart", from 1990, which went to # 1 on the charts

He had the # 2 hit in 1986 with Linda Ronstadt, "Somewhere Out There"

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Dick Miller. Frown

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Very sad news.

Albert Finney has died at 82.

I will always remember him for "Scrooge" (1970) and "Annie" (1982), although he did more prestigious films than those.

He was also in the Bond film "SkyFall" in 2012