Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 31
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Obituaries
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
Dino Frisella from Dart Flipcards passed away recently. There is a notice on Rittenhouse's website and the Promotional trading cards website.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Dart made some beautiful cards and got some of the early autograph sketches into the hands of collectors. They had a nice setup at Comic-con in the mid 90's, too, with lots of promos, so it was always a destination for us card guys, a class operation all the way.
Rest in peace, Dino.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paul hart
posted Hide Post
Thats sad news Dino was a really nice guy.

Posts: 353 | Location: uk | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Actor George Kennedy has died at 91, known for so many movies from the 1960s through the 1990s, like the Naked Gun films with Leslie Nielsen

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Beatles' producer George Martin has died

He also did the score for 1 James Bond film, 1973's "Live and Let Die", with Roger Moore

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Sylvia Anderson, co-creator of Thundebirds etc with her husband Gerry has died aged 88. Frown

Rest in Peace M'lady.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Frank Sinatra, Jr. has died at 72

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Garry Shandling, the actor and comedian, has died at 66, far too young.

"It's Garry Shandling Show" was a late 1980's fun and quirky effort that began on a pay channel and then made it to (early) Fox so more people could see it. It broke the fourth wall regularly and deftly played with the conventions of the sitcom form.

His followup series, "The Larry Sanders Show" that aired in the 1990's on HBO is an all-time super classic, one of the best ever made.

Sad, sad news.

"This is the theme to Garry's show,
The theme to Garry's show.
Garry called me up one day
And asked if I would write the theme song.
I'm almost finished.
How do you like it so far?
How do you like the theme to Garry's show?"

You may now flip....
Frown

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
Garry Shandling, the actor and comedian, has died at 66, far too young.

"It's Garry Shandling Show" was a late 1980's fun and quirky effort that began on a pay channel and then made it to (early) Fox so more people could see it. It broke the fourth wall regularly and deftly played with the conventions of the sitcom form.

His followup series, "The Larry Sanders Show" that aired in the 1990's on HBO is an all-time super classic, one of the best ever made.

Sad, sad news.

"This is the theme to Garry's show,
The theme to Garry's show.
Garry called me up one day
And asked if I would write the theme song.
I'm almost finished.
How do you like it so far?
How do you like the theme to Garry's show?"

You may now flip....
Frown

Just heard the news... Very Sad.

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
1960s movie and TV star Patty Duke has died at 69. Mom of "Lord of the Rings" actor Sean Astin

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I keep seeing Patty Duke on buzzer TV playing game shows filmed in the 70's.

Very sad to hear of her passing.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
We just lost another UK comedy legend. Ronnie Corbett, the surviving half of The Two Ronnies, has passed away at the age of 86. So that's two entertainers that I have known since as far back as I can remember that have passed away in a very short time. The magician/comedian Paul Daniels also died a fortnight ago. So it looks like 2016 is going to be another bad year for classic, old school entertainment Frown

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
another british star douglas wilmer passed on. he was Sherlock holmes.
he was in bond/ Jason and the argonaughts and many more shows he was in his mid 90`s

Posts: 312 | Location: united kingdom | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I had to look Douglas Wilmer up, but I immediately recognized him. There are so many actors and actresses whose faces I know but never learned their names.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Douglas Wilmer was Sherlock on British TV in 1964, and he had a small part as the art expert in the 1983 Roger Moore James Bond film "Octopussy"

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Doris Roberts is deceased. She got an Emmy for this.

Posts: 2202 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Loved Doris Roberts, not just on Everybody Loves Raymond. She was great on Remington Steele and in too many other shows and movies to name.

She stole scenes from all the stars and she never seemed to age. RIP Doris.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
2016 is turning into a really bad year here in the UK. It has just been announced that comedian, writer, actor and all-round really nice person Victoria Wood has died from cancer aged just 62 Frown

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
2016 is turning into a really bad year here in the UK. It has just been announced that comedian, writer, actor and all-round really nice person Victoria Wood has died from cancer aged just 62 Frown

That's a SHOCKER - Loved Dinner Ladies - Very Sad news

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Joanie Laurer aka Chyna WWE Superstar has passed away at 45. Possible drug overdose. R.I.P.

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post