Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 31
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Obituaries
 Login/Join

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Frank Eachus died today. Besides his company, Frank Eachus cards, he was interested in magicians, and loved Kareoke. I met him at the Chicago show several years ago and he was a nice man, very pleasant to talk to.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Al Molinaro, who replaced Pat Morita on Happy Days, died. He was 96. He had a card in the 1998 Duocards Happy Days set.

Posts: 2202 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Gunnar Hansen has died aged 68. Frown

Old Leatherface has hung up his chainsaw.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Charles Herbert, who was a child actor and signed for one of the Twilight Zone cards, died recently:
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11...osts-dies-at-66.html

Posts: 2202 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Just heard that David Canary, best remembered for his roles on Bonanza and All My Children, has passed away at the age of 77. Mr Canary had two autograph cards in the 90's All My Children card set due to his dual job of playing twin brothers, one bad and one good. RIP Mr. Canary.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Robert Loggia, who had a Sopranos card, just died. Better known for his role in Scarface.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Dr. Rudy Wells (of "The 6 Million Dollar Man" and "The Bionic Woman") remains on the job, even now fitting the angels in Heaven with spiffy new bionics.

Rest in peace, Mr. Martin E. Brooks, the man who played him (on two networks at the same time).

He appeared on the modern cards from Rittenhouse, and in the classic 70's sets made when the shows were at their peak in popularity.

Seeing my own name, Rudy, at age 5, attached to a resourceful and intelligent person on television was undoubtedly an early boost to my self-esteem. Thanks, Martin!

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of G6ADC
posted Hide Post
Actress Karen Montgomery, who appeared in Star Trek: The Next Generation as Beata has died, at the age of 66.

Posts: 767 | Location: Coventry, UK | Registered: July 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Meadowlark Lemon, who was on a couple of Harlem Globetrotters and Hanna Barbera cards, has passed.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just found out that Earl Norem , who did numerous painted nonsports cards , died last June.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Lemmy, lead singer of Motorhead, died on 28th December:

https://www.facebook.com/Offic...sts/1107561019276205

I don't know if he ever signed any cards or appeared in any sets but he was a well known musician that I'm sure some people on here will miss.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I remember him from "Happy Days" but also his great role as Murray in "The Odd Couple" TV show before that.

quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:
Al Molinaro, who replaced Pat Morita on Happy Days, died. He was 96. He had a card in the 1998 Duocards Happy Days set.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I remember him from numerous TV appearances, including a couple of them in one of my favorite shows, "The Rockford Files," as well as a number of movies, especially "Revenge of the Pink Panther" and "Independence Day." Great actor. Memorable voice.

quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:
Robert Loggia, who had a Sopranos card, just died. Better known for his role in Scarface.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wayne Rogers, Trapper John of MASH died today.

Posts: 163 | Location: Georgia | Registered: October 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Loved him on MASH. Rest in peace, Wayne.

Also, Jason Wingreen, the original voice of one Boba Fett, died at 95. He had two autographs in the Rittenhouse Twilight Zone set.

Finally, also unable to escape 2015 was singer Natalie Cole. She died at 65, way too young, just like her father, Nat King Cole, who died 50 years ago when she was only 15, although they later collaborated to great success with some studio trickery. Her own songs “This Will Be", “I’ve Got Love on My Mind”, and “Our Love”, are all classic tunes from the 1970's, and all personal favorites of mine. Great voice, just like her old man. I don't know if she ever appeared on any cards.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Pat Harrington, Jr., on TV since the 1950s, but best known as Schneider on the sit-com "One Day at a Time" from 1975-1984, died at 86

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Angus Scrimm died today.

The Tall Man from Phantasm. Frown

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Angus Scrimm died today.

The Tall Man from Phantasm. Frown

Very sad. Frown

I met him last year at Monsterpalooza and had him sign an 8x10 of himself holding "The Orb".
There was a Phantasm reunion that year and while he spoke clearly onstage, it was obvious that he was pretty worn out up close. A very nice man, though, and his role as the Tall Man is one of my favorites from that era of horror films.

RIP, Angus.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dcole,

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Dan Haggerty the star of the 1970s TV show Grizzly Adams, about the guy who lived in the woods, died at 74

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I don't know, but it seems like an unusually bad period for celebrity deaths since just before Christmas. The old superstition was that it ran in threes, but it seems like every day someone notable that we have watched and liked is passing.

Very sad times.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post