Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 25 26 27 28
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Obituaries
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Gordon Lightfoot has passed away at 84. At one time he was putting out a string of memorable songs like "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald", "Ribbon of Darkness", and "Sundown". But if he had only written one song, I would remember him for the beautiful "If You Could Read My Mind". RIP Rainy Day Man.

Posts: 9918 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sad news on rainy night here in northern California. My dad is still a big fan of Lightfoot. He was playing his records in the 70's along with those of Jim Croce, Glen Campbell, and Neil Diamond. I always liked "Carefree Highway," "Rainy Day People," (I've quoted that one on rainy days even into this year) and "If You Could Read My Mind" - tough not to sing along with that one. I think people used to sing "The Wreck of Edmund Fitzgerald" in bars.

quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Gordon Lightfoot has passed away at 84. At one time he was putting out a string of memorable songs like "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald", "Ribbon of Darkness", and "Sundown". But if he had only written one song, I would remember him for the beautiful "If You Could Read My Mind". RIP Rainy Day Man.

Posts: 3888 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
I have always been a big fan and I listen to his music often. His songs have been recorded by many other singers.

Posts: 867 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Just heard of the the passing of Tina Turner at 83. I feel terrible, she was "simply the best". Her shows were fantastic and when she came on as the second act to the likes of Jagger and the Stones, she blew them all away. There isn't a female artist now that could hold a candle to her and she was performing into her 70's. She was absolutely the Queen and no can compare to her. RIP My Lady.

Posts: 9918 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post