Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 31
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Obituaries
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
Dr. Who legend Terrance Dicks has passed away aged 84. He adapted many of the shows into paperback books which was the only way you could find out them in the days before home videotapes.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WOMBLE:
Dr. Who legend Terrance Dicks has passed away aged 84. He adapted many of the shows into paperback books which was the only way you could find out them in the days before home videotapes.
You beat me to it Womble, but I did read a good obituary for him from his long time employers the BBC:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/ent...inment-arts-49555763

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
It was a shock for me to hear today that Cokie Roberts has passed away at 75. I have enjoyed watching her reporting on the Sunday morning shows for years and she still was coming back for major news events.

I always felt that her reporting was fair, interesting, often funny and very informative, without trying to distort the story to match her own opinion. In short, she belongs to a dying breed of trustworthy reporters and she was always one of the best. For a time there one of the few well known and well respected female journalists. I will miss listening to her insightful and honest commentary in a room full of polarized screamers that want to make the news fit them. RIP Cokie.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
Rockers Ric Ocasek and Eddie Money both passed away. I listened to the Cars with my son in the 80's and 90's. I am sure they are on trading cards.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Kennywood
posted Hide Post
Sid Haig died this past Saturday.

Posts: 7361 | Location: the wonderful state of Denial | Registered: January 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
More bad news. I've just heard that the actor Stephen Moore has died aged 81 Frown He was and always will be the voice of Marvin the Paranoid Android in the Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Very sad to hear he is gone.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/peopl...5/stephen_moore_rip/

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Philip McKeon, who played the teenage son on the 1976-1985 TV sit-com "Alice" has died at 55.

I didn't realize that he was the brother of Nancy McKeon, who was Jo on "The Facts of Life" TV sit-com in the 1980s...

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Danny Aiello has passed away at 86. Many credits including Moonstruck and Godfather 2, but there was a period when he seemed to be in every movie. One of those reliable, familiar faces. I don't know of any cards that he was on.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
He was in a ton of movies, mostly from the 1980s to 2000s. I remember him in "The Pick Up Artist" (1987) with Molly Ringwald and Robert Downey Jr., playing Lee Harvey Oswald's assassin Jack Ruby in "Ruby" (1992), Spike Lee's "Do the Right Thing" (1989) and many others.

quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Danny Aiello has passed away at 86. Many credits including Moonstruck and Godfather 2, but there was a period when he seemed to be in every movie. One of those reliable, familiar faces. I don't know of any cards that he was on.

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Kennywood
posted Hide Post
quote:

Apparently, he was on 3 cards:
  • 2011 Famous Fabrics Hooray for Hollywood - Actors #NNO Danny Aiello
  • 2011 Famous Fabrics Hooray for Hollywood - Cast Cards #NNO Danny Aiello / James Woods
  • 2011 Topps American Pie - Cut Signatures #APCSDA Danny Aiello
Source: The Trading Card Database

Posts: 7361 | Location: the wonderful state of Denial | Registered: January 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Didn't he strangle someone on The Godfather, Part 2, while saying "Michael Corleone says hello !"

quote:

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was sorry to hear that. The first of his movies I thought of was "The Professional."

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
He was in a ton of movies, mostly from the 1980s to 2000s. I remember him in "The Pick Up Artist" (1987) with Molly Ringwald and Robert Downey Jr., playing Lee Harvey Oswald's assassin Jack Ruby in "Ruby" (1992), Spike Lee's "Do the Right Thing" (1989) and many others.

quote:

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It appears that Claudine Auger (Bond Girl) died on Wednesday after a long period of illness. She was aged 78.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
It appears that Claudine Auger (Bond Girl) died on Wednesday after a long period of illness. She was aged 78.

regards

John

The one that got away, nobody ever got her to sign a card for any of the Bond sets. Frown

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:

regards

John

The one that got away, nobody ever got her to sign a card for any of the Bond sets. Frown

Wolfie

She does have various cards in the Rittenhouse issues as well as in the Upper Deck issue but as you state no autographed ones.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I remember seeing Claudine circa 1992-93 in one of those "Sherlock Holmes" TV episodes with the late Jeremy Brett, and thinking, hey, that was the lady from Thunderball, 30 years earlier.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here was Claudine with Sherlock in 1994, in "The Three Gables"

https://www.shutterstock.com/e...eries-1994-1228538fp

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Syd Mead has passed away. He was probably best known for his work on the original Blade Runner but also contributed to a lot of well known sci-fi movies including: Short Circuit, Aliens and Tron. Nice article about him from the BBC:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/ent...inment-arts-50955699

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Screenwriter and actor, Buck Henry died January 8 at the age of 89. He was also the co-creator of "Get Smart" and a frequent host of SNL during its early years. NBC ran one of those episodes last night.

He co-directed "Heaven Can Wait," the 1978 comedy (and a great movie) and co-wrote "The Graduate" among his many other contributions to the entertainment world.

He might be in that SNL set by Star Pics or perhaps in one of the recent celebrity sets but I can't recall seeing him on a trading card.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
He might be in that SNL set by Star Pics

Nope

Posts: 2202 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post