Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Avengers
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
Hensworth and Evans have been filming for the new Avengers movie in their cool costumes.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvs...in-America-Thor.html

Also noticed on IMDb that Lou Ferrigno is doing the voice of the Hulk which is waay cool.

So many cards, so little money!

Posts: 643 | Location: Cornwall, England | Registered: October 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Just booked my tickets to see the 3D version on 26th April Dance Smokin'

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
If your going to see this, don't leave when the credits roll, there's something in the middle, don't know about at the end

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
How about some reviews.....

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goldenavenger:
How about some reviews.....

It opens in the US on Friday, but has already made something like 178 million worldwide. The NY papers already reviewed it with raves all around.

The only reason I might not see it in the theatre is because of some things that most people probably want, I dislike 3D and surround sound. High blast volume bothers my ears and 3D is usually more annoying than good to me. I expect this to be both loud and effects laden, so I might just wait for the DVD.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Beg, borrow or steal to see this film. It's what we've all been waiting for.
Joss Weedon's writing is second to none and he should be contracted to write/direct EVERY Marvel film in the future. It's hard to see how this could have been improved. There was just enough of every character. The revelation for me, was Mark Ruffalo. At last, we've found the perfect Banner and perfect Hulk. Excellent.
Don't forget the spoiler for the next film during the end credits. It's a doozie!!!

I saw the 3D version, but I don't think anything will be lost if you see it in 2D. It's the first film in ages that I will be going back for a second helping Thumb Up

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Just got back from the midnight showing, I agree with everything Graham said, the spoiler is awesome, but he forgot to mention that non-sports cards play a significant role in the movie, which was very cool, I was in geek overload, too bad Upper Deck could not have incorporated this into the Avengers set!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
Just got back from the midnight showing, I agree with everything Graham said, the spoiler is awesome, but he forgot to mention that non-sports cards play a significant role in the movie, which was very cool, I was in geek overload, too bad Upper Deck could not have incorporated this into the Avengers set!

They were used in subterfuge - something a real collector would never do Wink Did you see both extra scenes at the end of the film, during the credits? We only got the first one here Shake Head

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
I saw the Avengers 2 days ago and loved it, I wouldn't have gone to see it at the pictures (haven't seen any of the other Marvel movies at the cinema) but only did because I'm a total Whedon fan Big Grin I knew he would do it justice, and wow, it was even better than I hoped it would be.

And to Graham, Australia also only got the 1 extra scene at the end of the movie as well... Was not impressed Twak

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Saw this on Thursday, totally awesome, the Hulk is brilliant.

So many cards, so little money!

Posts: 643 | Location: Cornwall, England | Registered: October 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
The boys and I saw it today and it was all that and the proverbial bag of chips! I can't wait to add it to my collection.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Went to see it last week, loved every minute of it. I've just watched the second extra scene on Youtube, just brilliant.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
I just saw the movie. I like the small story about trading cards Wink

A great Avengers movie and Disney have just confirmed a sequel, can't wait!

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

OK, gave fair warning...

Very cool behind the scenes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...0ZdU&feature=related

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NL:
SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

OK, gave fair warning...

Very cool behind the scenes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...0ZdU&feature=related

Very very cool, Natalie. Thanks for this Thumb Up

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
They still have Drive-ins ???????

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mister E.:

Yes they do. We have one down here in RI. I've never been to it, but it's called "The Rustic" and it's right off Rte 146 in North Springfield, Rhode Island. It's $25 per car and I have to get to it before it closes {like everything else in RI}.

When I was between the ages of 3 and 5 my family lived right next door to one in Norwalk, CT.
I can remember looking out my parent's rear window, looking out at about a 45 degree angle to my left, and watching the movies play on the huge screen. Of course, I couldn't hear the sound, but it was still pretty was cool and I remember it to this day.

It's hard to find on Google, but they do have a Facebook account. Just type in "RusticDriveIn" on FB and it'll bring you right to them. LOL

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
It's up to 1.2 billion dollars worldwide. Eek

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Freddy:
quote:
Originally posted by Mister E.:

Yes they do. We have one down here in RI. I've never been to it, but it's called "The Rustic" and it's right off Rte 146 in North Springfield, Rhode Island. It's $25 per car and I have to get to it before it closes {like everything else in RI}.

When I was between the ages of 3 and 5 my family lived right next door to one in Norwalk, CT.
I can remember looking out my parent's rear window, looking out at about a 45 degree angle to my left, and watching the movies play on the huge screen. Of course, I couldn't hear the sound, but it was still pretty was cool and I remember it to this day.

It's hard to find on Google, but they do have a Facebook account. Just type in "RusticDriveIn" on FB and it'll bring you right to them. LOL

We have TWO drive-ins near where I live in Southern California and we try to go at least once a month. It's not only a good value at $7 for a nighttime ticket for two movies, but the only loud jerks chewing food loudly and talking all through the movie are the people you brought with you, so its a little easier to take!

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Avengers just moved into 12th spot for top USA grossing film. Probably move into 5th spot by the end of the weekend.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post