Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Entertainment Discussion    Peter Jackson: I'd love Doctor Who role
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Peter Jackson: I'd love Doctor Who role
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted
The Lord Of The Rings director Peter Jackson has revealed he'd love to make an episode of Doctor Who.

Responding to a call for action from current TV Time Lord Matt Smith, the Kiwi filmmaker - who has wrapped filming on his two-part adaptation of JRR Tolkien's The Hobbit - said he was keen to work on the BBC One show.

The Oscar-winner told New Zealand's Waikato Times: "I'm a huge Doctor Who fan, and I think Matt's fantastic. Just name a time and place, and I'll be there."

Matt had told the publication he would lobby "endlessly" for Jackson to make an episode of the show in New Zealand after meeting the director at a US comic convention.

"I think it would be an absolutely wonderful place to film Doctor Who," he said.

"Let's get Peter Jackson to direct one and go and make it in New Zealand. I would love to, I will campaign endlessly to come over and film there.

"There's clearly a great film industry out there. It's something I would be very interested in, it's just whether we can persuade the producers to fly us all over."

Matt added: "I actually met (Jackson) at Comic-Con, which was very exciting to meet someone of his credence and calibre - a wonderful film maker, and he mentioned that he enjoyed the show, so I was absolutely thrilled to hear that."

Peter hired former Doctor Sylvester McCoy to play wizard Radagast in The Hobbit. The director also reportedly owns McCoy's costume from the long-running show.

Doctor Who, which is currently written and executive produced by Steven Moffat, celebrates its 50th anniversary next year

From talktalk.co.uk

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Maybe the Doctor can show up in one of "The Hobbit" films to help Bilbo out!

Posts: 5777 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
They film in New Zealand because it's cheap.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder:
They film in New Zealand because it's cheap.

Spoken like a true Australian. Big Grin

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post