Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

joan rivers passes
 Login/Join

posted
sad to here the razor sharp wit has gone

Posts: 312 | Location: united kingdom | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Rest in Peace, Joan, at least it was relatively quick. I remember just a couple of months ago when Joan stormed off the set of a CNN interview. She had a lot of spirit 'til the end.

Plus, maybe now Heidi Abromowitz can come out of hiding...

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Was very sorry to hear of Joan Rivers' passing. I won't claim to be a big fan of her brand of comedy, but she worked hard and survived a lot of bad luck in her life.

She was in good health and doing a show the night before she went to the clinic for a minor procedure, so that alone is pretty scary. Should it turn out that an error was made, there is going to be fewer seniors doing elective surgery for at least awhile I'll bet.

Either way it is a shame and now we have Williams, Bacall and Rivers gone back to back. Frown

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Boy this story has gotten really strange. According to the papers it appears that Joan Rivers personal doctor performed a procedure when she went in only for a test. The clinic allowed the doctor to perform the procedure, even though it should have been done in a hospital setting, and there was no permission from the patient. The procedure went terribly wrong.

If this is what really happened you can bet everyone will be sued.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post