Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CHARMED REBOOT TRAILER
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted
For those who watched the original show, what are your thoughts on the trailer for the reboot?

Not being an original fan 'snob' but I wasn't very excited or inspired by the writing or acting. I had high hopes but it feels like a poor mans re-hash rather than a total re-imagining (or even continuation) of the original show.

Watch it here: Charmed Reboot Official Trailer (YouTube)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TC00,

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I cut the trailer off before the end, so I guess that says it all. Big Grin

Posts: 10381 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
quote:
I cut the trailer off before the end, so I guess that says it all.

The YouTube comments are a lot of fun to read...Yeah I was tempted to switch off but I gave it the benefit of the doubt and RE-watched it but it didn't sway or change my original opinion. I wish they'd done a spin-off like Buffy did with Angel. There could have been so many possibilities but the writing for this was lazy and poor casting.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TC00,

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm astonished at how bad that looks. Shake Head

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
I'm astonished at how bad that looks. Shake Head

Agreed. Considering Buffy's origins story (In Every Generation...) could be told and hook you into the story in less than 20 SECONDS yet this couldn't intrigue people to watch it in nearly 4 MINUTES really says a lot.

I get if they wanted to find a teen audience today but then why make the older sister 10+ years older?! How does that work?

Plus they don't have a Leo type character yet or even a Daryl. Frown

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Since I was unaware this show was even getting a reboot, I am likely not the audience that they want. Since I just watched the trailer, I would pass on watching it though, it looks really bad.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
Since I was unaware this show was even getting a reboot, I am likely not the audience that they want. Since I just watched the trailer, I would pass on watching it though, it looks really bad.

At first I thought I wasn't giving it a fair chance as one of the original shows fans but 'poor' and 'bad' seem to be the general view on this reboot. Sadly don't see it lasting for the new cast.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
I don't know when the UK premier is but it's already getting some British press:
Charmed Reboot Daily Mail coverage

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
You would think that a reboot would give us something new and (hopefully) better. This trailer gave us a rehash that's worse. The same setting gives the impression that it's more a remake than a reboot. There's something else that really irk's me, but that's for another board and topic.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
You would think that a reboot would give us something new and (hopefully) better. This trailer gave us a rehash that's worse. The same setting gives the impression that it's more a remake than a reboot. There's something else that really irk's me, but that's for another board and topic.

What irks you? How it's like a poor mans Charmed remake?

Honestly with a better script or fresher plotline it could have been something special for a new generation to enjoy. (Like the Sabrina reboot).

Baffling since they didn't even keep to any of the scripts used for the Charmed graphic novels either.

I think the new writer wanted to stick too closely to the original winning formula but it just doesn't have the same "magic".