Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Entertainment Discussion    Marvel to Promote 'Death of Wolverine' With 'Memorial Kits'
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marvel to Promote 'Death of Wolverine' With 'Memorial Kits'
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Kennywood
posted

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kennywood,

Posts: 7361 | Location: the wonderful state of Denial | Registered: January 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Not just Marvel characters, they killed Superman,they switched Spiderman with Doc Ock, anything to get some buzz going until it all goes back.

I don't understand what the point is, besides boosting sales I mean. From a fan's perspective only two things can happen. Its a gimmick and it will be reversed once enough issues have passed or its not a gimmick and a favorite character that you have followed for years is really dead.

Either way, where's the fun? Wink

Posts: 10408 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kane1
posted Hide Post
Is Marvel going to kill Wolverine? Captain America lost his powers and a new female Thor. WTF!?

Posts: 242 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I'm glad I don't read comics anymore

Posts: 2912 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Well the biggest thing right now as far as dead comic characters is that they have killed off Archie. Can you believe that, ARCHIE?

I haven't read that series in a couple of decades, but I am still devastated! Eek Big Grin

They tell me that he continues to live on in an alternate universe series that has zombies. Somehow that doesn't seem the same. Wink

I feel pretty sorry for kids today, the comic books used to be fun. Frown

Posts: 10408 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
It was actually a pocket universe Archie whose series was 30+ issues. He was shot to death jumping in front of a friend who was about to be the victim of a hate crime. The series had one final memorial issue and then ended, if I'm not mistaken. The black cover SDCC variant was a hit at Comic-Con and sold out.

In the zombie universe version, Jughead killed and ate Bettie. He always had such an appetite, that boy. How many people do you think HE could eat? I believe the series is ongoing, but slow in coming. They are up to issue 7 or so after a year.
"Riverdale. Those who arrive, survive."

But fret not, Raven. Archie and the gang are, for us anyway, still right where we left them, in our heads singing "Sugar, Sugar" in the grand finale of a concert in the park and ready to get into the ol' Jalopy for some burgers and malts at Pop's Chok'lit Shoppe.

Besides, it's really always been tough going for Archie, even back then. To wit:

Heck, all I had to do to get chicks in my day was to have the puffiest hair and the most Drakkar Noir on!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chesspieceface,

Posts: 3328 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Drakkar Noir, Feel the Power. Wink

Old Spice forever. Big Grin