This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/958604453/m/2197094176

July 01, 2014, 08:30 PM
Kennywood
Marvel to Promote 'Death of Wolverine' With 'Memorial Kits'

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kennywood,

July 01, 2014, 10:19 PM
Raven
Not just Marvel characters, they killed Superman,they switched Spiderman with Doc Ock, anything to get some buzz going until it all goes back.

I don't understand what the point is, besides boosting sales I mean. From a fan's perspective only two things can happen. Its a gimmick and it will be reversed once enough issues have passed or its not a gimmick and a favorite character that you have followed for years is really dead.

Either way, where's the fun? Wink
July 25, 2014, 12:01 PM
kane1
Is Marvel going to kill Wolverine? Captain America lost his powers and a new female Thor. WTF!?
July 28, 2014, 12:59 PM
Don Norton
I'm glad I don't read comics anymore
July 28, 2014, 09:59 PM
Raven
Well the biggest thing right now as far as dead comic characters is that they have killed off Archie. Can you believe that, ARCHIE?

I haven't read that series in a couple of decades, but I am still devastated! Eek Big Grin

They tell me that he continues to live on in an alternate universe series that has zombies. Somehow that doesn't seem the same. Wink

I feel pretty sorry for kids today, the comic books used to be fun. Frown
July 31, 2014, 12:22 AM
chesspieceface
It was actually a pocket universe Archie whose series was 30+ issues. He was shot to death jumping in front of a friend who was about to be the victim of a hate crime. The series had one final memorial issue and then ended, if I'm not mistaken. The black cover SDCC variant was a hit at Comic-Con and sold out.

In the zombie universe version, Jughead killed and ate Bettie. He always had such an appetite, that boy. How many people do you think HE could eat? I believe the series is ongoing, but slow in coming. They are up to issue 7 or so after a year.
"Riverdale. Those who arrive, survive."

But fret not, Raven. Archie and the gang are, for us anyway, still right where we left them, in our heads singing "Sugar, Sugar" in the grand finale of a concert in the park and ready to get into the ol' Jalopy for some burgers and malts at Pop's Chok'lit Shoppe.

Besides, it's really always been tough going for Archie, even back then. To wit:

Heck, all I had to do to get chicks in my day was to have the puffiest hair and the most Drakkar Noir on!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chesspieceface,

July 31, 2014, 12:51 PM
Raven
Drakkar Noir, Feel the Power. Wink

Old Spice forever. Big Grin