Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tiger Woods Injured
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Latest I heard was compound leg fractures, this while he was still recovering from his 5th back surgery.

You know I played a little golf myself and I used to watch Woods on TV making these fantastic, unbelievable shots to win tournaments not one time, but practically every time. I used to joke that he must have sold his soul because no one can be that good. Big Grin

Well he was that good, but something certainly happened to his luck. Maybe he pushed his body too hard for too long. Maybe he took things too far because he thought he couldn't lose. Whatever the reason, it's like all his luck is gone and he's been banging his head against a wall to ever play championship pro golf again. If he has done serious damage to his legs, and with his bad back, this could be the end of his career. I hope he can come back because it would be sad to see him have to leave this way.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, he was a phenomenal player on track to win more championships than anyone else in his sport and then he went into decline to the point that he became an underdog. I never thought of golf as a strenuous sport but it turns out that it's not just people in ugly pants walking (an old Rosie O'Donnell joke from her stand-up days). In order to be the best for a while in any sport, you have to push yourself mentally and physically and sometimes past the point that it's good for your body. You can mess up your back swinging a bat, a racket, or a club too hard too many times.

I hope he does play again. His successes have inspired a lot of people and everyone loves a comeback. If not, he can retire knowing he's one of the best that has ever played the game.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Latest I heard was compound leg fractures, this while he was still recovering from his 5th back surgery.

You know I played a little golf myself and I used to watch Woods on TV making these fantastic, unbelievable shots to win tournaments not one time, but practically every time. I used to joke that he must have sold his soul because no one can be that good. Big Grin

Well he was that good, but something certainly happened to his luck. Maybe he pushed his body too hard for too long. Maybe he took things too far because he thought he couldn't lose. Whatever the reason, it's like all his luck is gone and he's been banging his head against a wall to ever play championship pro golf again. If he has done serious damage to his legs, and with his bad back, this could be the end of his career. I hope he can come back because it would be sad to see him have to leave this way.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Hey Jess,

I think he wanted to win a few more tournaments to take the record and that would have been followed by joining the Senior Tour at age 50, where he could have dominated if he was half as good. This is going to be really hard on him.

According to the news at least one leg got a metal rod attached to the broken tibia. I know people who had that operation. He won't be playing pro golf again. If he were older he would be stuck in a walker for the rest of his life. With his excellent conditioning and lots of physical therapy he might be able to walk normally, but to swing a golf club and walk a golf course? I think that would take a miracle.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post