Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Entertainment Discussion    Patrick Stewart Returns to Star Trek
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Patrick Stewart Returns to Star Trek
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted

Posts: 4009 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
They twisted his arm and offered him money. Big Grin

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
They twisted his arm and offered him money. Big Grin
Well, he had to find something to do to occupy his time now that his stint on the X-Men franchise is over Big Grin

Posts: 1530 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It makes me wonder if the alternate timeline of the recent Star Trek movies will have any consequence in the world of the new Picard show.

It is interesting that the Star Trek universe is pushing into the future again, even if only 15-20 years since the events of the "Nemesis" battle. We might see Picard in retirement but getting bored and maybe doing something like leading a small archaeological expedition to several planets, finding adventure, running into old friends and enemies along the way. There was a Next Generation episode in which he fondly recalled a previous post on a smaller, far less formidable ship than the Enterprise. Piloting a similar civilian ship could be his idea of fun after years in the service.

Posts: 4400 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I am not a Star Trek fan, but I read a recent interview with him.

He said that he's very happy to be back, that he's wanted to reprise the role since the last movie in 2002. But interestingly, he also said that if he knew in 1987 that the show was going to last 7 years, he would not have agreed to do it, as he was unprepared for the commitment. He was mostly a stage actor beforehand, and he had no idea as to what the demands of doing a TV show involved. He also noted, however, that Star Trek made him very rich. Smile

Posts: 4009 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I saw this trailer earlier today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHrWlFO2cJw

Posts: 4400 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post