Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Terminator
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Why has the new film been doing so poorly at the U.S. box office in the 3 weeks that it has been out ? It is bad ? It has grossed less than 100 M, which means this will probably be the LAST one

Posts: 4014 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I was told not to waste my money by several friends who saw it. The biggest complaint was that the story was bad. Biggest thing going for it was that it was fun to see Arnold back. With Ticket prices up where they are, this was enough to keep me away!

Posts: 5777 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I was never going to see it in the theatre, I will probably give it a try when it hits DVD, maybe. Truth is, Terminator 2 was the end of the story for me. Everything after that either repeats itself or takes you to a future that looks a lot like the futures we have already seen in other, better films.

And then there becomes the logic issue. Time travel stories always trip over themselves with the plot holes, but if it's a fun movie you pretend not to notice. If it's not so good you start to say to yourself, "hey wait a minute, if you changed this from happening, than that can't happen either". That's when the whole film falls apart because it doesn't make any sense, even within it's own timeline. From what I understand this new movie does a lot of the going back and forth that would have changed the future already, except that it didn't. Big Grin

I did hear that the CGI was pretty good and Arnold gets to appropriately age his Terminator and still fight his younger self. So that might be cool. I certainly hope that this is the last one.

Posts: 10423 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post