Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Entertainment Discussion    William Shatner to fly in space
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

William Shatner to fly in space
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of jademaliburoad
posted
How cool is that, Captain Kirk will fly in space for real, at 90. He will set a new record for the oldest person to fly to space.
Way to go captain!

Posts: 1188 | Location: France | Registered: April 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Well that Blue Origin ride is more like going up on a really big Parachute Jump at Coney Island. It may count as Outer Space, but just barely. Big Grin

Having said that, I sure as heck wouldn't do it, so all the power to Shatner. He sounded like he was really rambling in his speech at the NYCC. Let's just hope he knows where he is when he does it. Wink

All kidding aside, it is cool that he is breaking a space record. Maybe his autograph cards will go up again when he is an official astronaut. Smile

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
"Cards signed in space" Big Grin

Posts: 1188 | Location: France | Registered: April 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jademaliburoad:

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Can you imagine if he were able to get 5 or 10 cards signed during the flight?! That would be the stupid money insert of the millennium!

Posts: 4843 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Shatner was on Shark Week this year. He suited up and dove with a group while tiger sharks swam around them. Tiger sharks are maneaters. That dude is fearless. He's the Evel Knievel of the 21st century!

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Truly fearless.

He did it! Cool

Plus a new world record. Not a bad day. Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
quote:

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Can you imagine if he were able to get 5 or 10 cards signed during the flight?! That would be the stupid money insert of the millennium!

Too short for signed cards. Costume cards? Big Grin

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Got to hand it to Bezos, he knew the only way to get network coverage for Blue Origin now was to send up Captain Kirk. For his third trip he can give a seat away to Sigourney Weaver, but I think she already said she would do it with Virgin. Who else is there, Elton John? Wink

You could tell that Shatner is going to use this as material for the rest of his life. Everybody wins. Big Grin

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Who else is there, Elton John? Wink

Sandra Bullock and George Clooney Razz

quote:
You could tell that Shatner is going to use this as material for the rest of his life. Everybody wins. Big Grin

I imagine him to be like Wolowitz in Big Bang Theory. Big Grin

Posts: 4843 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
George Takei is clearly miffed about the whole thing. No love lost there. Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

Jean-Luc Picard, Mark Hamill or Lee Majors? Big Grin

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Jean-Luc Picard, Mark Hamill or Lee Majors? Big Grin

Harrison Ford! He's crash landed in everything else. Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Truly fearless.

He did it! Cool

Plus a new world record. Not a bad day. Big Grin

Is it a world record when you're miles above the world?

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Harrison Ford! He's crash landed in everything else. Big Grin

That would be a major improvement!! Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, remember that Shatner celebrity roast years ago? He arrived on horseback. Takei was there and he exclaimed, "F*** you, and the horse you rode in on."

quote:
George Takei is clearly miffed about the whole thing. No love lost there. Big Grin

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2198 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post