Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stephen Root
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
I was pleasantly surprised to see Stephen Root in Boba Fett last night. He's been a favorite actor since his appearance on Chicago Hope in 1995 as "Trumpet Playing Mental Patient". Then he was Jimmy James (or possibly D. B. Cooper?) in Newsradio. One of those character actors who is always interesting, even in otherwise bad projects.

Posts: 2200 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Finally catching up on Boba Fett. Looks like plenty of celebs lining up for cameo spots. Can't say I hate the show but not overly crazy about it either. The timeline is all over the place.

Then two episodes of almost all Mandalorian so Disney can show their little green cash cow is really not helping the Fett side of things.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mykdude,

Posts: 4848 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just watched that episode and didn't recognize him until seeing his name in the credits. Yeah, I liked Newsradio too and of course his part in "Office Space."

quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:
I was pleasantly surprised to see Stephen Root in Boba Fett last night. He's been a favorite actor since his appearance on Chicago Hope in 1995 as "Trumpet Playing Mental Patient". Then he was Jimmy James (or possibly D. B. Cooper?) in Newsradio. One of those character actors who is always interesting, even in otherwise bad projects.

Posts: 4376 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
I just watched that episode and didn't recognize him until seeing his name in the credits.

Exactly what happened to me. I watched the show, saw the credits, saw "Stephen Root" and went WTF?
I had to repeat it and fast-forward until I realized who he was.

He was also good in "Oh Brother Where art Thou?" and "Justified".

Sad to see that Jennifer Beals got blowed up in the show.

Posts: 2200 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I watched it with my brother. He had seen it already and said he recognized him then. And yeah, I didn't recognize Jennifer Beals either. It would be great to great their autographs in the inevitable Boba Fett card set.

quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
I just watched that episode and didn't recognize him until seeing his name in the credits.

Exactly what happened to me. I watched the show, saw the credits, saw "Stephen Root" and went WTF?
I had to repeat it and fast-forward until I realized who he was.

He was also good in "Oh Brother Where art Thou?" and "Justified".

Sad to see that Jennifer Beals got blowed up in the show.

Posts: 4376 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post