Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Entertainment Discussion    It's Official - Meet the new Wonder Woman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's Official - Meet the new Wonder Woman
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Kennywood
posted

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kennywood,

Posts: 7361 | Location: the wonderful state of Denial | Registered: January 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Since I know zero about this lady, I won't cast judgement but the Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman movie just feels more and more like something I am going to skip. I just saw Man of Steel this past weekend and was not moved.

Maybe I am just getting old.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: barobehere,

Posts: 5777 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kennywood:
I know everything is still new and filming hasn't even begun, but I have a feeling that this movie could go down as a huge flop.

This movie's cast seems like a celebrity dress up party. These are iconic characters, even if we are talking about comic books. The recent Marvel movies and the actors involved have been able to turn superheroes into real people for the most part.

There is nothing in the casting of the new Superman that suggests this is going to happen. There was nothing in the Superman reboot that suggested another one should even be made for that matter. It was boring junk.

The problem is that a lot of people go to see these movies when they open, usually on a long holiday weekend. As long as they get big box office for a couple of weeks they will make another. Then afterwards all the fans get together and say it really stunk, but its too late by then. If only all the flops really flopped we'd have fewer and better films to see.

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
That's part of the problem with DC comics movies versus Marvel movies. Pretty much none of the DC characters are "regular Joes" like many of the original heroes of Marvel were. The great Marvel comics stories are more relatable in that way, and it's no surprise. The early 1960's Marvel Comics were in many ways a reaction to the highly unrealistic DC comics heroes of the day, which by then, were already long in the tooth, with those heroes largely all having been introduced 25 years earlier, in the late 1930's.

Where the next Superman movie is concerned, there is no bad publicity, and therefore, the naysayers are doing the work of the marketers for them by so adamantly decrying each casting choice.

This film will make hundreds of millions of dollars (and likely a billion or more worldwide) and would likely do so even were Richard Simmons cast as Wonder Woman.

That said, I'm glad they hired a pretty young woman for the role instead of a 60 something year old male fitness guru. It could've went either way, and at least were Simmons cast, we could be sure WW would be rocking high cut short pants, as comic fans demand.

Posts: 3328 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
That said, I'm glad they hired a pretty young woman for the role instead of a 60 something year old male fitness guru. It could've went either way, and at least were Simmons cast, we could be sure WW would be rocking high cut short pants, as comic fans demand.

OK, chesspieceface, I nearly choked on my latte reading this, LOL!

Now I must run off and find some brain bleach, to get that image out of my head. Not that I have any problem at all with men in drag, but don't mess with Wonder Woman! Big Grin

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Oh Chesspiece! I'm crying right now from laughing so hard. And all posts are on point. I love DC and people are screwing' up my fave characters with awful movies. Their stories are gold so how can they continue to muck it up so badly??? ARGHH Mad Mad

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3328 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Chesspieceface, you're killing me!! Wink

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post